You can type here any text you want

NEED HELP!!!!! roller cam selection

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Whats wild is that Mike offers two cams that are so close to one another. I have his earlier offered Comp 206/210 with 517/517 and 110. It is able to take my I6 Gremlin pretty well, but then my Gremlin needs a posi. haha
It idles well and surprises me with its low end, and thats probably what youll notice after stepping up to a roller. A roller gives low end (average tork) without hurting power on top.

So, which one did you decide on? ;)
i got the 210/215 with morel lifters!!!:biggrin:

what valve springs are you running now?

A.j.
stock 979's

Whats wild is that Mike offers two cams that are so close to one another. I have his earlier offered Comp 206/210 with 517/517 and 110. It is able to take my I6 Gremlin pretty well, but then my Gremlin needs a posi. haha
It idles well and surprises me with its low end, and thats probably what youll notice after stepping up to a roller. A roller gives low end (average tork) without hurting power on top.
thanks alot

keep us informed how it runs,,, i'd like to know... also i hope your not going to change anything esle on the motor from what it ws before..... i'd like to see what et's differance it will make.. what your et's from before at what boost? thanks

You need a set of Roller Cam Springs...cannot remember what the part number for Comp Cams was...but I don't 979's are the correct number...also are you planning on adjustable roller rockers? If not get a set of rocker shaft braces for RJC to be safe...

Good Luck....
Steve Chambers

keep us informed how it runs,,, i'd like to know... also i hope your not going to change anything esle on the motor from what it ws before..... i'd like to see what et's differance it will make.. what your et's from before at what boost? thanks

i ran 11.60 at 115

You need a set of Roller Cam Springs...cannot remember what the part number for Comp Cams was...but I don't 979's are the correct number...also are you planning on adjustable roller rockers? If not get a set of rocker shaft braces for RJC to be safe...

Good Luck....
Steve Chambers

i got the full throttle kit is comes with cam, lifters, springs, pushrods and all the hardware and yes i am getting harlands or t&d roller rockers

Can you tell me what valve springs ended up coming with the kit?

Did you get it together yet?

Can you tell me what valve springs ended up coming with the kit?

Did you get it together yet?
they are pac roller and no i didnt get it back together yet!!! stuck on deciding if i should go with a forged standard rotating assembly or forged stroker rotating assembly

Guys,
Engineering school taught me that rolling friction is way less than sliding friction. It's a "no brainer"! Way less friction!!! When you consider the spring pressures we run, it can really make a difference. Biggest problem is the roller lifters can be heavy so RPM can be limited but that is not a problem with our motors since they don't like to rev anyway. But you can use really steep entry and exit ramps on the cam so the area under the curve (valves open quicker, stay open longer, and close later) so flow is better.
Conrad

Guys,
Engineering school taught me that rolling friction is way less than sliding friction. It's a "no brainer"! Way less friction!!! When you consider the spring pressures we run, it can really make a difference. Biggest problem is the roller lifters can be heavy so RPM can be limited but that is not a problem with our motors since they don't like to rev anyway. But you can use really steep entry and exit ramps on the cam so the area under the curve (valves open quicker, stay open longer, and close later) so flow is better.
Conrad

thanks for the info conrad

Back