You can type here any text you want

Need some opinions please..

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbov6joe

Signal 1 J-12
For purposes of dealing with my pesky insurance agent, I need "professional" opinions on the worth of my TTA.
It's #14 built, and #182 at Indy, cloth/t-tops, 13,244 miles, 99% stock and have all original parts, 99.5% perfect paint and interior, 100% rust-free/dentless body, original wheels and tires (mint), t-top shades, stored since new, never been in snow, been in the rain 1 time, etc... What range would this car sell for as is. Oh, it has an ATR downpipe, SMC alky kit, powerplate, Walbro 340, pump hotwire kit, and multiple gauges. TIA

id have to say around 20000,00 maybe a little more if it was 100% stock

george

TTA$$$???

Joe, I suggest you get a professional appraiser to do this for you. It will be bucks WELL spent if you have a claim!! At least a pro appraisal takes the "he said, she said, ya but" arguement out of the equation and most ins. co's WILL put you in that position if allowed to. Maybe the ins. co. has a list of approved appraisers??
Also, find out, in writing, as to what coverage is agreed upon, and have it written into the policy. IE: agreed amt, stated amt, mkt value??
I recently saw this happen. A friend had his Chevelle stolen.. The stated amt became an arguement.. He stated it and they disagreed. [Lower, of course!!]
IN WRITING.. IN WRITING!!!I consider the agents to be kinda like the AF recruiter I dealt with...SURE!! You can fly if you sign up!! They will AGREE to EVERYTHING to get the policy written. Then, if it's not spelled out in the policy, word for word.. YOU ARE "SKREWED"!! BTDT

Just so there would be NO areas open for discussion, I had the TTA appraised. After it was all said and done, the appraisal was returned at $24,500.00. I'm sure there is some "fluffing" of this figure for insurance purposes......it's pretty close I'm sure. My new classic car policy has a stated replacement value of $24,500.00, that should get me a new car if mine was a total loss:) Thanks for your opinions and help!

Maybe I should reappraise my car... right now I have a stated value policy (in writing) for $20K... probably way on the low side for a 3000 mile mint cloth/hardtop car. My insurance guy just went by the book value. Would $30K maybe be a better value?

nice car joe-- :)

i hope you get as much enjoyment out of the car as i did--

later-

Back