Need/want more power!

regardless of the build it just never seems to be once:)there is always something to add or fix.
Agree.

But fixing a blown head gasket is a lot different than going to ported iron heads, then going to Champion aluminums, then going to full race port R heads, then going to stage heads.

Or going from a 49, to a 66, to a 70, then an 88, and then back to twin 66's.

Or building three 200's and upgrading converters every time you swap turbos, only to end up with a 400 sooner or later.

Or having a glove compartment full of chips, then buying a translator, then going to an XFI sportsman, then moving on to an XFI 2.05.

Everyone here knows what I'm talking about. I've done a few things over for sure. I'm still reeling over the fact that 25 years ago, I started with an 85 T-type. Then I moved into a never built 87 stock block conversion.

But I didn't F*ck around after that.

Maintenance is always unavoidable.

to me i remember really enjoying having a bolt on car with a built trans and a good tune and tire.they were fun and you could drive them all the time with capability to run a great 1/8 to 1000ft, good mileage etc.now its nothing like my nt car but it was alot cheaper and required alot less knowledge and effort to maintain.
Me too. I loved having a stock type bolt-on-believer. And this could very well be someones ultimate goal. To have a solid 11.5 set-up and simply be happy. One must know themselves.

But if your goal is 9.50's don't bother fixing the 200. Don't bother changing the head gasket, don't bother with the 49, don't bother with the Dutweiler neck, don't bother with the 60 lb injectors, so on and so on.

Me too. I loved having a stock type bolt-on-believer. And this could very well be someones ultimate goal. To have a solid 11.5 set-up and simply be happy. One must know themselves.

But if your goal is 9.50's don't bother fixing the 200. Don't bother changing the head gasket, don't bother with the 49, don't bother with the Dutweiler neck, don't bother with the 60 lb injectors, so on and so on.
I just have bought a stock 86 T and recently upgraded to 42.5 injectors , ta49 , duttneck and atr exhaust plus all the other bolt on stuff and I'm now trying to figure out the limits of boost . 15lbs and I'm OK but add any and getting knock . Its a Love / Hate relationship with our cars LOL but good luck to the OP

I just have bought a stock 86 T and recently upgraded to 42.5 injectors , ta49 , duttneck and atr exhaust plus all the other bolt on stuff and I'm now trying to figure out the limits of boost . 15lbs and I'm OK but add any and getting knock . Its a Love / Hate relationship with our cars LOL but good luck to the OP

Hey KEith I have a down pipe for that car... lol

Agree.

But fixing a blown head gasket is a lot different than going to ported iron heads, then going to Champion aluminums, then going to full race port R heads, then going to stage heads.

Or going from a 49, to a 66, to a 70, then an 88, and then back to twin 66's.

Or building three 200's and upgrading converters every time you swap turbos, only to end up with a 400 sooner or later.

Or having a glove compartment full of chips, then buying a translator, then going to an XFI sportsman, then moving on to an XFI 2.05.

Everyone here knows what I'm talking about. I've done a few things over for sure. I'm still reeling over the fact that 25 years ago, I started with an 85 T-type. Then I moved into a never built 87 stock block conversion.

But I didn't F*ck around after that.

Maintenance is always unavoidable.
the combo needs to fit the man and or the budget.alot of guys that walk the path of speed learn as they go and from others around them.alot of the go fast stuff is easily re sold,and learning can be fun.

Powerlogger will allow you to tune the car to make more power...and you can keep it out of KR and not blow it up. As Mr Spool pointed out...the stock transmission is the weak link.

Yes, but remember, those were the days before 500-800hp from factory like there is now. Back then if you had 300-350hp nothing was coming close to you. Unless they were using nitrous and that wasn't very common. Like NY Twin Turbo said, do it right once and be done with it. Just make sure you find a good builder. Not the scumbag j#$*off hack on this site.

At 24 psi spraying alky, it should burn the tires most of the way through 2nd gear. If it doesn't, somethings wrong.

All this talk of convertors and bigger turbos etc., flirts with "now it's a race car not a street car".

I ran pretty much exactly what you have for 5 years and never hurt anything.

TA49, 60's , alky, STOCK convertor. It's about the tune, 11.8 @ 115 all day on drag radials.

I disagree , you don't need a built trans, convertor for your power level.