You can type here any text you want

New Best!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

captflash

Old and Bold
I went out to PBIR last night, conditions were great with the weather cooling down. Made 2 runs, no more due to knock showing up and not wanting to tempt fate but ran my best 11.77@104.8. The mph is low as I let off due to knock and coasted the last 50 yards.
60' 1.74
330' 4.83
1/8 7.46
mph 93.03
1000 9.74
1/4 11.78 @ 104.81 :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Now my next project is to eliminate the %#*&%# knock. I've got a scanmaster but no data logging. It's time to go from one end of the fuel system to the other.

If I were you, I'd get a datalogger such as the Power Logger and possibly a wideband to better aid your tuning. This will better equip you to make decisions as to when the knock is occuring, why, and what might need to be done to remedy the situation. The first thing to figure out is whether the knock is fuel or tune related.

With the hotwired Walbro and Alky you should be fine, there are guys on here that have went faster on a similar setup. Depending on the tune you could be close to needing a more fuel.

Congrats

Congrats Capt Flash,

You did the right thing by letting out and not pushing the car more when there is knock showing. Best to diagnose where the knock is coming from first and save the car to run safely another day. Every time out and you see improvements says alot about the potential there. That full clean pass is on the horizon for sure. Keep at it.

Regards,
Shev

install a fuel pressure gauge off the rail and observe,i won't get into mine without it anymore especially with a walboro.

install a fuel pressure gauge off the rail and observe,i won't get into mine without it anymore especially with a walboro.
Yeah, definitely need to check the wot/high end fuel pressure. I've run with a guage on I 95 but I didn't push to 100+ which is key. Next time I run at the track I will deifinitely have a guage hooked up. I'm guessing it's fuel, the car runs clean and pulls damn hard with no or 1-2 in knock until the big event always at the end of the run. It's like the fuel shuts off almost, big knock.

If you've got the desired fuel pressure, then I'd look at the injector Duty Cycle. Possibly time to step up in injector size. I've got a buddy with 009 injectors and injecting alot of alcohol that was running out of injector in the mid 11's. He recently upgraded to a set of 60# injectors.

I went out to PBIR last night, conditions were great with the weather cooling down. Made 2 runs, no more due to knock showing up and not wanting to tempt fate but ran my best 11.77@104.8. The mph is low as I let off due to knock and coasted the last 50 yards.
60' 1.74
330' 4.83
1/8 7.46
mph 93.03
1000 9.74
1/4 11.78 @ 104.81 :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Now my next project is to eliminate the %#*&%# knock. I've got a scanmaster but no data logging. It's time to go from one end of the fuel system to the other.

Send a PM my way next time you go!

Back