New Drop In E85 Compatible Fuel Pump, DW300, January 2011

Both G Body Parts and ArizonaGN will be dealers for the new DWS pumps.

We plan to have one of the first batch so we can do independent fitment and testing of these pumps.

Our testing will be both lab bench testing and field testing in a GN. :)

Conversations with DWS have been very promising, not only from a performance point of view, but also the durability and life should be outstanding and much better than currently available in-tank pumps.

Where you order them from? Any specific vendor?

I ordered them from a small local vendor who deals with them....no shipping that way, the one site wanted somewhere around $55 to ship the pumps which I thought was outrageous for 6lbs and not having them in stock. The vendor is on the waiting list so.....hopefully i get them soon.

Big Thumbs UP to Arizona GN and GBody for taking the lead here for us GN members. Hopefully your testing will validate the flow sheets and we'll have only one pump to run from here on out. :cool:

Will be curious to see if on-the-car testing shows that this pump will overwhelm the regulator at idle.

I ordered them from a small local vendor who deals with them....no shipping that way, the one site wanted somewhere around $55 to ship the pumps which I thought was outrageous for 6lbs and not having them in stock. The vendor is on the waiting list so.....hopefully i get them soon.

mine will be here tomorrow :biggrin:
will be going onto a new spectra hanger , and i will be taking pics

Will be curious to see if on-the-car testing shows that this pump will overwhelm the regulator at idle.

I agree. I believe it will be a problem since even with the Walbro and good voltage it's a problem on some cars, and the Denso definitely overwhelms it. I'll also have the DW300 and Aeromotive 340 here soon to play with (if the snow ever goes away).

Eric

I plan to run one (or the other).

Regulator overrun is a big issue in the Mitsubishi based cars (DSM, 3000GT, Stealth).

Shouldn't be too tough to fix.

Bob

So Eric are you seeing which pump to sell or just try out for personal use?

Ah what a good problem, too much volume. :cool:

Well considering this is in the E85 section most of us are probably doing the feed and return lines anyways so it won't be an issue, the gas guys probably. I have the Accufab stock reg with the -6 fitting from Cotton and the Bosch 044 is around 35psi vacuum on. ;)

Has anyone found a quality regulator that handles the pressure better?

Has anyone tried a Weldon regulator as their quality seems pretty top notch and all their products are E85 compatible? They have one that claims adjustments from 4-200 psi....sounds pretty stout :D

Here's what I'm probably doing with the new -10 SS rails, Aero 13101 dual -10 inlets with one -10 outlet. Anodized with 1:1 boost reference and 1/8th NPT port for pressure gauge.
Aeromotive 13101 - Aeromotive A1000 Injected Bypass Fuel Pressure Regulators - Overview - SummitRacing.com

For those of us with the stock rails, the stock reg with the -6 fitting and -6 return hose will handle a single DW/044/PT342/Aero/Denso.

Aeromotive knows what's up as my E85 GTO has a Magnafuel 500 going -12 to an Aeromotive 13202 and it goes all the way down to 4.5psi. :eek:

I have their 13105 on my Talon and it's solid even with a 180 degree fitting on the return.

no pics yet ..
the storms delayed the delivery date of my pump by 2 days , thought they lost the truck as there was no updates but tracking finally shows its at the local hub and should be here tomorrow (crossing fingers because the weather is going back to crap again)

here it is

its not going to be a drop in but i expected that

the pump little smaller than i expected , its shorter so that makes installing the hose above easier , its only 1.5" diameter theres and no rubber base insulator so theres a lot of room on the spectra hanger , will have to dig out a stock slip on rubber pump isolator and see how that will work
the inlet is small as well compare to or 340Ms looks like 3/8 opening not that thats bad
the filter supplied needs to be flush with the bottom of the pump and the pump as shipped wont drop down through the teardrop shapped opening in the GN hanger , it will take some work to the hanger plate or some trim to the base tangs on the pump so the inlet drops down below the hanger ( an extension of the filter inlet would make things easier ), and the filter has a small push nut to keep it from falling off and the tang for the push nut is molded into the base of the pump so it can only be installed with orientation pointing 180 from the float arm which may put it too close to thefuel sump in the tank . will have to check in a spectra and an original tank to know if its a problem

as for powering , the kit i ordered was universal since they dont have one for a GN as yet , they did include a pig tail plug that you could splice in if you are still running the OE pump , if you have a walbro i think it will be just plug in swap or maybe the buick vendors will pick up that end and supply a conversion plug if needed as we have with the walbro buick kits

couple seconds with some snips and the tangs are history , i left a little as you can see
heres some pics on a new spectra hanger

Will be interesting to see how large of an injector you can go with before maxing out the flow from the pump.

quick calc

the pump at 13.5 v - 70 psi (25psi boost) can do 250lph = 66GPH x weight of fuel ~6.2lbs (e85 is little lighter) =409lb/hr

72lb injectors at 80%duty x 6injectors = only 345lbs/hr

83 lb inj at 80% x 6 = 398lb/hr

so 83s dont look to be a problem

increase the voltage to 16v and the pump is rated to flow 320lph or 84 gallon/hr or 524 lbhr

Minor correction to this statement;

"the pump at 13.5 v - 70 psi (25psi boost) can do 250lph = 66GPH x weight of fuel ~6.2lbs (e85 is little lighter) =409lb/hr"

E85 is heavier than gas by volume- I forget the exact weight but, in general a full load of gasoline will be 8500 gal (max legal weight for truck/trailer), same truck would only be able to legally haul 8100 E85 (summer grade), 8000 E98, and for example- 7500 # 2 diesel.

I did not however check your weight of fuel at 6.2 lbs- that number could be correct and as such- calcs might very well be right.