New Member needs help

Lamborghini

I have a 3.8L turbo charged in my Lamborghini replica. Just wondering what I can do or have to do to make the 450hp range? It has a SDS computer and the lean and rich controls. Does any one no where a guy could get some good tuning done in Alberta Canada?

I have a 3.8L turbo charged in my Lamborghini replica. Just wondering what I can do or have to do to make the 450hp range? It has a SDS computer and the lean and rich controls. Does any one no where a guy could get some good tuning done in Alberta Canada?

What vintage motor?

Not sure I can add a pic of the motor if that helps. I'll try and find the bill from the mechanic shop. The car fells very under powered. I had a 2.8L out of a Fiero gt in my other one and it felt more powerful than this. Boost seems low also.

Get the numbers off the motor if it is a buick and pics of the setup. I am sure someone here can help!

The car was built by a guy in Calagary named darcy. The engine was installed by Canadain Custom Designs

Don't know if you can see enough of it my wife is going to email better pics and engine numbers. Thing over heated today may have to get into it.

Attachments

• Diablos 014[2].jpg
    Diablos 014[2].jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 297
  • Diablo01.jpg
    Diablo01.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 302
Thats an 86-87 intercooled engine. The best possible one you could have. Get that bad boy over to a tuner and you should be able to get a ton of performance out of it. What does the car weigh? Look at my sig for some ideas.

Just wieghed it today 2900 pounds. But the engine was just rebuilt. What sort of boost should these put out factory. It is doing about 5psi max right now. I would think it should be higher than that. I have oly done supercharged enginnes before and even that I put 17 pounds to ford sc. Head gaskets didn't like that much so I backed it down to 15. I'm no mech but can do a little my self. Plus i would like to go into the shop with a list of goodies that I want installed and boost set at. I have to read that SDS computer book yet to see if it will automatically adjust the fuel to compensate for the extra boost if I crank it up. Or if it will display a pyro meter reating to adjust it.

Just wieghed it today 2900 pounds. But the engine was just rebuilt. What sort of boost should these put out factory. It is doing about 5psi max right now. I would think it should be higher than that. I have oly done supercharged enginnes before and even that I put 17 pounds to ford sc. Head gaskets didn't like that much so I backed it down to 15. I'm no mech but can do a little my self. Plus i would like to go into the shop with a list of goodies that I want installed and boost set at. I have to read that SDS computer book yet to see if it will automatically adjust the fuel to compensate for the extra boost if I crank it up. Or if it will display a pyro meter reating to adjust it.

yeah stock that engine probably was doin 13-15psi easy so i can see why it feels slow, since its at only 5:confused: something is wrong - either it is bleeding the boost off somewhere or there's an actuator problem. is there even tension on the wastegate puck [assuming you are running a stock type swing arm wastegate]?

No I think it was set up that way even the boost guage only goes to 5psi. I didn't even think they made them that small. I don't really know much about wastegatesand how they're controlled or how the fuel systems are controlled. It has that SDS computer and I was on that web site it doesn't sound that hard to figure out. I would like to play with it a bit. But I need to get the info so I'm not playing with the wrong stuff. If I crank up the boost will that computer up air fuel ratio automatically. Not sure. Any ideas. I'm going to get another boost guage today even if it doesn't fit in the dash so I can maybe play with it some. I need to read that book on the SDS computer also.

Be careful when upping the boost and learning fueling software. Get the highest octane fuel available, helps correct alot of mistakes!

Good to know thank you but if the boost is set that low couldn't it also hurt the motor. Not sure why anyone would set it up that way. Will adding octane boost help not really any where to get high octane fuel around here. Except maybe low lead 100 from the airport. Don't think it would hurt anything putting that in. I tryed it my TB sc Also what would the stock hp bet on this motor. Seems very slugish right now. Worse than my 2.8L was in my Countach. What will give me the most hp for the buck. Roller rocker set up. Don't want to add nitros. Just would like to get to the point where a i won't get stomped on by an stock VW jetta. My jetta right now has 240hp it's the turbo model also. Nothing like never having a turbo to 2 new ones. I would like to play with the jetta a little more also.

good question about the IC - with all the mods it took to make that car, who knows what is up with the IC.

Stock, the 86/87 engine would push a 3500 lbs car to 14.1 in the 1/4. Almost nothing to get it to mid 13's.

Do not know about the computer you have but can you monitor Knock? It will help you know how you are doing with you tune. Is it a stand-alone computer that does AF and timing?

Also good to monitor O2 volts or better, wide band O2.

Also interested in the down pipe and is there a catalytic converter on the car?

Don't really know much about what the computer is set up for yet. Should be able to monitor all that. The intercooler in there it's mounted down by the drivers bottom vent. The down pipe looks stock. I'm going to post some better pics tonight. Oh there is no cats on the car. Don't kneed them in Canada legally.

If that car is dialed in it should be able to run on 16psi depending on the intercooler. It should be an easy 12 second ride all day long at 2900 lbs. The quarter mph should be in the 106mph range minimum. Thats just a dialed in bone stock set up with a couple psi more boost. With simple mods it could go to 400 hp fairly easy.

That's pretty much all I'm looking for. i called a guy in Edmonton that supposed to be good left a message with him. I put a set of ported and polished heads with over sized valves on my viper with a roller rocker. That really woke it up 200hpand 897ft/torque. How do these engines do with that kind of set up. Will I have to get it retuned after again? The viper factory fuel injection took car of buisness when i did those mods.

In the last Picture, it looks like the outlet pipe on the turbo is not connected!!
this will cause everything that you are seeing if that pipe is not connected to the turbo.Put that pipe back in the hose on the turbo and tighten that clamp and go drive it again.

HTH

Puddin