You can type here any text you want

new motor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Chevota

Ive put a 2jz in my truck. It seems to be going good but my gear box is acting up. I've got a b&m shifter in it, and the gears seem to be all out of place. 1st on shifter is 1st and 2nd and drops back to 1st when you back off a little,2nd on shifter is drive(3) and drive on shifter does nothing until i push overdrive button(which then go's into overdrive.but if the overdrive button is on,1st on the shifter will take off in 1st then 2nd but will stay in 2nd.
Overdrive is electronic which some people find funny. I dont no why, it came out of an aristo.
Ive had the trans rebuilt and still running the factory computer
Could it be the b&m shifter?(which i dont think is because it picks the right gears when i want it too but depends on overdrive button)picks p,r,n,d fine
Could it be the overdrive button not wired up right?
Still running the factory 3.42 gears which will be changed. (any idea on gears please feel free to help ) thanks -

scott wile

Ive put a 2jz in my truck. It seems to be going good but my gear box is acting up. I've got a b&m shifter in it, and the gears seem to be all out of place. 1st on shifter is 1st and 2nd and drops back to 1st when you back off a little,2nd on shifter is drive(3) and drive on shifter does nothing until i push overdrive button(which then go's into overdrive.but if the overdrive button is on,1st on the shifter will take off in 1st then 2nd but will stay in 2nd.
Overdrive is electronic which some people find funny. I dont no why, it came out of an aristo.
Could it be the b&m shifter?(which i dont think is because it picks the right gears when i want it too but depends on overdrive button)picks p,r,n,d fine
Still running the factory 3.42 gears which will be changed. (any idea on gears please feel free to help ) thanks -

scott wile

dang Chevota. After I talked to Lee a month ago, and he said something about buying "left over rice", I thought you would be putting in a turbo big block or something along those lines...but a jap motor? I'm sure its going to be fun though. what tranny are you running behind it? and where the hell are the pics?:eek:

scott wile

this sounds like a bad a$$ project...post up some pictures

scott wile

this is what I think about this thread: There is probably an aluminum twin turbo zl1 big block on the stand right now.....

Attachments

• bflag.gif
    bflag.gif
    8.7 KB · Views: 222
Maybe you're right!...................or maybe not:confused:

Attachments

• yotamotor.jpg
    yotamotor.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 220
some bench racer around here is going to throw a b#tch fit lol. Any more pics? or am I just confused?:tongue:

What more proof do you need??:confused: You guys will never be convinced...:biggrin:

sweet! now thats a cool jap motor. is that one of those 105mm stock turbo's on a nissan 300z motor? and is that a 2 barrel carb on there? did you block the egr? and are the stock heads ported??:rolleyes:
i'm convinced that should run the yota into the 10's with about 30 psi.

all jokes aside, I just realized the distributor is going in the front of the engine:o is that a 283?:mad: lol

I've seen that motor before!

was that in your dads Jag?
or in the tow truck?

hmmmmmmmm, maybe I saw it in the black coupe in the garage?

darn, can't remember, get'n old sucks, memory fade!

Back