You can type here any text you want

New Personal speedrecord at 1/8 131 MPH

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mrsyclone

Finally things are looking better. Was at a local racetrack and did some testing. The trackcondition was terrible almoust worse then regualr asphalt. The only positive thing was that the track was only 15 min. drive from me, and it was sunny and 88 F.

The best time was 9.1/156 mph 60 foot was terrible 1.65-1.7. I made a new speedrecord at 1/8 mile 131 mph "power"! :) The wing took about 6 miles from the topspeed, but the car is much moore stable.

When we are gonna fix the 60 foot time, You can imagine what kind of time it´s gonna be :) I put a camera at the rear of the car. Look at the wheelspin from the start! Yes it´s allwheeldrive with too much power, and bad trackcondition :)

YouTube - Gmc Syclone 9.1 -156 mph 2009 4 juli

Thats some great speed numbers. Track does look a bit suspect to give up good ET to match. How about some pics of this beast with the wing on??
Mike:cool:

Thats some great speed numbers. Track does look a bit suspect to give up good ET to match. How about some pics of this beast with the wing on??
Mike:cool:

Here you go=)

syclone_emmaboda_2009.jpg

Looks fantastic!

Do you think the new best 1/8th mph was caused by alot of wheelspin?

Was that the truck at the doubletree hotel for the sy/ty nats in overland park kansas? That hotel is 3/4 of one mile from my house:biggrin:

BW

Looks fantastic!

Do you think the new best 1/8th mph was caused by alot of wheelspin?

Was that the truck at the doubletree hotel for the sy/ty nats in overland park kansas? That hotel is 3/4 of one mile from my house:biggrin:

BW

No we think the ET was hurt baaadly cause this poor track´s condition specialy the not so good track prepp...the power output was the factor on the new record, and the wing is the "dragfactor" to stop a good speedrecord at 1/4 mile.

If U reffere to the nats -06?

Yes its the Bad A$$ truck still evolving, still street legal

Is that wing actually intended to be functional on a race car , or is it more of a street bolt-on?? I cant really tell by that pic but it looks like the wing is angled down in the front a lot. I have a Spitzer wing and I believe he recommends no more than a 4 degree down angle. He says that flat works great and any more than that 4 degrees just causes a lot of drag and not much more downforce. Just throwing out some food for thought here!!!
At any rate those are impressive numbers , keep up the good work and keep us posted. Thanks for the pic also, looks nice. Mike

Is that wing actually intended to be functional on a race car , or is it more of a street bolt-on?? I cant really tell by that pic but it looks like the wing is angled down in the front a lot. I have a Spitzer wing and I believe he recommends no more than a 4 degree down angle. He says that flat works great and any more than that 4 degrees just causes a lot of drag and not much more downforce. Just throwing out some food for thought here!!!
At any rate those are impressive numbers , keep up the good work and keep us posted. Thanks for the pic also, looks nice. Mike

This wing is a 3 lvl wing,

The biggest part is set at -1` but then the other 2 different surfaces is fixed and the lip at the rear of wing (about 2" high) is then at an 55`attac angle..

Thanks for sharing the video Robert and congrats on the new best MPH in the 1/8 mile. Sounds like once you get some decent traction that thing will really fly!:cool:

thats one sick looking ride you got there. not to sure about the wing but its your ride and looks sick either way.

Looks very cool. Cool vid too.

Is this the truck with the GT4788 on youtube?

I guess so.

This is a short vid, on a minor street tuning WITHOUT the wing and parashute, cops just dont like the "race apearence" on the street so we ceep it discreet
YouTube - Test street Boost 18 psi !!

This is the last year record WITHOUT the wing, after this we desided to try to calm down the rear wiggeling of the tail.. its scary at 157+ Mph
YouTube - syclone: Worlds fastest 8.85/160 mph!

look at the rope to the shute U see how its wobbling around an so does the tail.
YouTube - Syclone: Race on Regular Asfalt

Look at this street tracktion race and look at the rope to the shute again, it hangs straight down. No tail dance :D and we did test without wing this time too, it was like travolta dancing then. haha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_zsxnFUzng&feature=related

Same run but the other side
YouTube - Syclonerobban EDPS Emmaboda 2009

Back