New to Virginia Beach/Norfolk Area

Ron, where you at the hospital this morning? You should have told me, I was all over the place today... Mainly in legal... trying to get the FC2 discharge from the Navy already. He dragging it a little too much!! You all know how it goes.

Nope. I was over at therapy McCormick Gym at NOB. I'll be over at Portsmouth on the 13th for my Dr's visit though. I'll have to swing by and see you. I'll need directions though. I still get lost in that hospital...

---Ron

Soooooooo............

Gates open at 1100. I want to get at least a couple good runs in to see how this new setup does. I'm just worried that they're going to say something about not having a roll cage...

---Ron

Do you still need a navigator?

The more the merrier! I still need to talk to the "boss". And then there's the weather. There's no telling what it will be like in two weeks. So, provided the weather is nice and so is my wife, we're going.

---Ron

Keep in mind with Hertford, that they are pretty anal about Drive Shaft Safety Loop if you the Drag Tires, even the street Mickey's.

I've got the safety loop and the open lugs on the rears... just no cage. Are they as anal about the cage?

My experience, just the loop. They didn't care that I wasn't even wearing a helmet. However I'd bring one, just in case.

German, your gonna need an alignment after you replace that sleeve. Personally I'd just tighten the bolts 1st,both are 13mm. Snap a pic and post it so I can see.

German, your gonna need an alignment after you replace that sleeve. Personally I'd just tighten the bolts 1st,both are 13mm. Snap a pic and post it so I can see.

I'll take a pic today and post it. In order to tighten them up, does the car need to be up in the air or can I do it right there where is sitting?

You guys made me jealous with all the wrenching you're doing this weekend, so I ordered a pair of Bilstein shocks for the rear today. Should have them tomorrow (Autozone). I'm going to hold off on the springs to see what the shocks end up doing for me. Now that I think of it, I've never changed the rear shocks (had the car 6 years now), so they're probably pretty rough. When you push down on the rear of the car, well, it really doesn't move down or up or anywhere... Oops. Oh well, let's see if this cures my "higher in the front" look...

---Ron

Well, since I will be underneath the car this weekend, I decided to do my rear brakes, wheels cylinders and flush the old brake fluid. I was wondering if I can bleed all wheels at one time... I have 1/4" hoses that I'll be using to bleed the brakes, but I want to speed the process. Now, I know that when is time to put new fluid i have to do one wheel at a time. Thoughts???

Polishing Rim's

Made good progress today, The 1st one was a learning experience, Tried starting with 600grit and after 4hrs of Sanding and Polishing....I did'nt even make a Dent in removing the Clear Coating. Then went and got some 220/320/600 grits and wow what a difference on how Easy it really is to Polish these Enkei's up. Pictures to follow when I get them looking like the New one I got from Gbody from the Accident.......How's everyone elses Wrenching coming Along?............

I did some screwing with the tranny in the GN this AM. This afternoon tried to wrap up build on the new engine for the other GN and had an issue with the front cover. I'll try agian tomorrow. Maybe tomorrow I'll finish it and start the tranny.:D

Looks like we all did good today, though still waiting to hear from German...

Put the Bilsteins on and wow... what a difference. Still rides rough due to the Eibach springs, but no longer like I'm riding without shocks. I'm convinced that if you're in the market for springs, just get the Bilsteins and be done with it. Lifetime warranty, etc...etc... ahh... nice.

Ordered Moog CC627 springs which should be here on Tuesday. Should finally be able to launch without rubbing the tires so much. Tonight I had 2 people in the back seat, and the rear tires do rub... boo.... Tuesday.... ahhh...

---Ron

I've been wrenching and touching up some paint on the monte this week..Got one of my drop spindles on wed, wasn't near as bad a job as I thought..Looking to finish it this AM..One of my best friends thoughout my 20s past away this week...Trying to get back on track now..

I've been wrenching and touching up some paint on the monte this week..Got one of my drop spindles on wed, wasn't near as bad a job as I thought..Looking to finish it this AM..One of my best friends thoughout my 20s past away this week...Trying to get back on track now..

I received your PM. Sorry to hear your friend passed away. I installed drop spindles on one of my cars. I had to change my springs. Car sat real low. My wheels touched the outer wheel well. May be different on the Monte. I finally started the "T". Sounds good at idle and up top but I have some tip in stumble.
Some ASS() stole my laptop with DS and my MOTEC program along with my radio :mad: when they broke into my truck :mad: So I have to buy another laptop, power logger and try to get the program from MOTEC.

I started my "drag car" but I didn't drive it. I need to purchase new seat harnesses, jacket and helmet. Hopefully I can get my license at the track so that I can be somewhat legal this year :D.

Our Condolences Tracy, sorry for your loss.