New wheel (and Baer) pics

Looks great. Are you happy with the 9's on the back (since you were looking at 9.5s)?

Yes.....quite happy. I was a little concerned that the 9.5" might be too tight of a fit and also that the 275 tire might look a little narrow for the wheel....I like a little sidewall "bulge". I only mentioned the 9.5" originally because lots of the wheels I was considering only had 8" or 9.5"......no 9". Once I decided to spend a little extra for what I initially wanted the 9" wide wheel was a no brainer for me. Thanks again for your help.....I had a pretty good idea of the sizes to go with from measuring, researching online and talking to Baer about offset changes but your replies to my questions took the fear out of my order. :cool:

I LIKE! Looks like the rear wheels could support a wider tire. Are you close to rubbing in the rear? Anyone running something wider the the 275-40?
Conrad

One more long question and I'll leave you alone....have you rolled the wheel well lip, installed air bags or air shocks, or modified the frame to fit the rear wheel/tire? Thanks.
Conrad

I'm "close enough" for my comfort level. The closest the tires come on the inside is about 1/2" and I haven't gotten an exact distance to the lip but it's enough that I have no fear of rubbing (I can get some specific measurements if you like).

I was more concerned with the front/rear tires looking proportional and having the right sidewall bulge for my aesthetic tastes......and for handling. I realize it isn't a great handling car but adding a wider tire to the same wheels would have made handling issues worse (IMO).

No problem on the questions. I'm excited like a giddy school girl over my wheels/brakes so I'm happy to blabber about 'em. :) My goal was to have no mods and fit, comfortably, the biggest tire possible in the rear (my frame, suspension, fender lips are completely stock). I'm sure others have squeezed something larger with no mods but I didn't want to cut things too close so I played it a little safe. Honestly, I couldn't be happier with the size, fit and look of my combo.....it's exactly what I was after.

Three sets of measurements would be great..
1. Rear of car...minimum clearance between inside of tire and frame...does this occur at the front of the tire or rear of tire?
2. Rear of car...minimum clearance between outside of tire and wheel well trim
3. Overall width of the tires (not tread width) as mounted on the front and rear wheels. Don't measure where the tire contacts the road!

Conrad

Three sets of measurements would be great..
1. Rear of car...minimum clearance between inside of tire and frame...does this occur at the front of the tire or rear of tire?
2. Rear of car...minimum clearance between outside of tire and wheel well trim
3. Overall width of the tires (not tread width) as mounted on the front and rear wheels. Don't measure where the tire contacts the road!

Conrad

I've been running this combo for years - you won't have any issues with it on the back.