You can type here any text you want

No difference between Extender PRO and Tuner PRO, right?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbobuick1

Guys, I appreciate anyone who can help me confirm, that an Extender PRO chip is they same thing as what is marked on Fullthrottlespeeds website as "Tuner PRO".

Obviously, this is for my MAFTPRO, and I purchased the Extender PRO chip at a very reasonable price off a fellow member. I just want to make sure there is not a better version, or maybe the Tuner PRO can measure more airflow than a Extender PRO?

Forgive my ignorance, but I am a bit confused on this one.

The partnumber was poorly chosed, I can see why its confusing.

There are 5 chips styles sold by Full Throttle:

Commander : stock MAF, but can be used with translators.

Extender: the original extended range chip, must use a translator as the stock MAF runs out of range at 255 grams or air. This chip extends the range to 512.

Extender Extreme: This takes the range extension to 768 grams. This chip is necessary to run really large injectors. Must use a translator and a 3.5" MAF or larger. (would you really run the small 3" MAF on a car that makes enough power to need this chip....?)

Extender Extreme Pro: A modified Extreme series chip to work with the Translator Pro. BLM's are frozen to make tuning easier. WOT spark advance is controlled by the Translator Pro.

Extender Extreme G: Very similar to the Pro chip, but with small tweaks to optimize it for the MAF Translator Gen-2. BLM's are not frozen. WOT spark advance controlled by the Gen-2.

I hope this makes things clearer.

Bob

Hats off to Turbodave and TurboBob, thanks for the information and clearing up my confusion on chip names.

Back