No Moose Preserve Meet

Turboslots

The "MOOSE PRESERVE" does "NOT" want us there this year. They gave our spots away. We are looking into "KIRBYS CONEY" across the street but not final as of yet. Other suggestions are welcome also. We still need to get together somewhere. It was allways a GREAT time seeing all those Turbo Buicks and T/A''s in one place. As more info becomes available we will post. Thank You.

What about the Woodward cruise? Not meeting at the Moose the Friday before?

The meet was on Wednesday before the cruise, and this sucks. I ate there and most of the Buick people did as well. Think I will do a drive by in the parking lot and smile at the whiners.

I heard about this today. It sucks! I sure hope we can find somewhere else that can host.

Last year, I got there late after work. The guy they had posted in the lot told me that I would have to park in back due to the Vettes coming in. I laughed, said no and took a spot in the front with rest of the Buicks. He just stood there and gave me a dirty look. I told him to have the Vettes park in the back. He seemed unhappy with me.

Me and loosenut have been calling places to meet. Nobody seems to want the car crowd in their parking lot. If anyone can find a place to meet please post up.

Latest info is were meeting at Kirby's Coney Island across the street.. first come first serve so be there early !!

The meeting will be on Wednesday before the cruise. I wish that we could find somewhere that we all can meet up, not some place that we need to rush to, then who knows what happens to the ones that don't have a parking spot.

Just wondering if there are any updates for this? It turns out I will be in town for work meetings, and I was thinking about heading to Woodward on Wednesday night. Would be nice to see some friendly faces.

Thanks,
Mike

There's no reason to call anyone and ask about a big group. Noone has to know we're a "group" to begin with. There's nothing they can do if we filter in there and just all happen to have the same cars lol. :) But if you're looking for a big space reserved for only buicks then yea, I can see pretty much no one wanting that. I say just meet up at Kirbys across the street for now, and maybe we can recon another big parking lot on woodward after, who knows.

So I guess we are meeting at Kirbys Coneys, across from the Moose Preserve. If there is not enough room there we can go just North of there to the "Staples" parking lot. Hope to see everybody out there somewhere. It still will be fun. Lets "GO FOR IT". See you there. Russ

Isn't there an abandoned/closed business directly next to the Moose Preserve on the north with a large parking lot? I just checked Google Maps and there is a business directly adjacent to the Moose Preserve called The Iroquois Club. It's the one with the covered "valet" drop off. Isn't it closed? If so, we can use that lot and Moose management can't remove us from a lot they don't own or control.

Here's an overhead look at it from Google Maps: http://bit.ly/1L5Iq7v

In fact after looking at the map there's an even larger lot adjacent to the Iroquois Club directly north, same side of the street as well.

hi.

im not new to the forum just haven't owned a gn in 11 years or so. but yes there is a good sized parking lot north of the moose preserve but it is a few hundred feet . I have parked there for 15 years . it is where the road starts climbing the hill. but the location is not as good as the preserve everything is 500 feet away or across the road if you want food or restrooms. hope to see the buicks as I have just picked up a gn project car that was stolen and recovered just a rust free body and frame . so hope to see the buicks tonight.

Heading out there now, I will just kee my eyes open and hope to find a place where it's going on.

Isn't there an abandoned/closed business directly next to the Moose Preserve on the north with a large parking lot? I just checked Google Maps and there is a business directly adjacent to the Moose Preserve called The Iroquois Club. It's the one with the covered "valet" drop off. Isn't it closed? If so, we can use that lot and Moose management can't remove us from a lot they don't own or control.

Here's an overhead look at it from Google Maps: http://bit.ly/1L5Iq7v

Directly next to the Moose Preserve is a banquet hall...

hi.

im not new to the forum just haven't owned a gn in 11 years or so. but yes there is a good sized parking lot north of the moose preserve but it is a few hundred feet . I have parked there for 15 years . it is where the road starts climbing the hill. but the location is not as good as the preserve everything is 500 feet away or across the road if you want food or restrooms. hope to see the buicks as I have just picked up a gn project car that was stolen and recovered just a rust free body and frame . so hope to see the buicks tonight.

Nice Nova man. I'm the one that met you in the parking lot and we spoke for a while. Was with my wife. Nice to meet you