You can type here any text you want

No oil coming to rockers after rebuild

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Some times it is just a waste of time !!!!

I dunno...I read that as "sometimes it is just a waste of time [comma]trying to give advice here" i.e. the second part was an implied end to Lee's post.

but maybe I read it wrong too..

Did you have the pick up off the block if so it could be sucking air if you didnt get the gasket in right.also as said before the aftermarket covers suck and could have casting material in them .ive even seen a crack in a brand new one before .nick had a good idea you can get a cheap mec gauge and hook it up down by he oil feed line and check for pressure.i usually prime it with a drill forever on the stand and have a gauge installed then set the cam sensor on the stand .set valve lash on the stand.when it goes in the car it is turn key and go.............good luck........
Oh HEY NICK !!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you have the pick up off the block if so it could be sucking air if you didnt get the gasket in right.also as said before the aftermarket covers suck and could have casting material in them .ive even seen a crack in a brand new one before .nick had a good idea you can get a cheap mec gauge and hook it up down by he oil feed line and check for pressure.i usually prime it with a drill forever on the stand and have a gauge installed then set the cam sensor on the stand .set valve lash on the stand.when it goes in the car it is turn key and go.............good luck........
Oh HEY NICK !!!!!!!!!!!!

Same thing I do on mine. All done on the stand with a guage.

I just did this exact same thing last week. Just take the valve cover off and prime it with a drill until all the rockers start flowing. Mine took about 10mins before it primed itself.

You missed my point.

There was a point????

Your entire comment consisted of "Some times it is just a waste of time !!!! "

Not a lot of dialog to work with there. Maybe it could have interpreted differently if you'd have expanded on those few words.

I realized it wasn't pumping air bubbles. I forgot to fill the oil pan completely full of oil (it is a special racing pan that holds about 8qts,and I had about 3-4 in there) so it would suck oil, then because it was low, grab some air.

we put a gauge on it yesterday and got no pressure. pulled the oil gear cover off and there was no vasoline, so going to re-pack it and try to see what happens.

great. repacked it with vasoline and now I have no oil pressure. none to the turbo feed line, none on the gauge.

gonna pull the front cover later this week.

Run your drill until it bogs down, its possible you have a real weak 9 volt drill and not spinning it fast.

What kind of drill are you using? My 18 volt does the job, but nothing like the 120volt drill can do in less time.

If you ran the engine on 3-4 quarts, its fooked!

That or the bearings are already pre worn and that will only make it faster. :)

I pm'd LOT last night, im trying to get Jay C. to access his OLD account so he can use it.,,, He is a long time member and friends with Nick, hopefully we didnt run anyone off :biggrin:

BW

Run your drill until it bogs down, its possible you have a real weak 9 volt drill and not spinning it fast.

What kind of drill are you using? My 18 volt does the job, but nothing like the 120volt drill can do in less time.

If you ran the engine on 3-4 quarts, its fooked!

That or the bearings are already pre worn and that will only make it faster. :)

I pm'd LOT last night, im trying to get Jay C. to access his OLD account so he can use it.,,, He is a long time member and friends with Nick, hopefully we didnt run anyone off :biggrin:

BW

Its a decent drill, runs off the wall socket. We spun the drill for a good few minutes and nothing happened. We had oil pressure previously (oil was coming through the turbo feed line) now we have nothing.

I didn't run the car with that little oil, we just checked the oil pressure with that much in there the first time we checked it. Now it has around 8qts in there and there is no oil pressure.

Someone may have told you, but i had the same issue. It was because i put in a roller cam, and the front cam bearing wasnt cut for a roller to allow oil to the driver side lifters. Good luck.

Someone may have told you, but i had the same issue. It was because i put in a roller cam, and the front cam bearing wasnt cut for a roller to allow oil to the driver side lifters. Good luck.

Could you please elaborate a little more on that? What is so special about the roller cam front cam bearing? Im serious, i didnt think there was any difference.

BW :)

Any news here? Just FYI, I junked the "jewel" of an import cover I spoke of earlier when I found that it suffered from a misaligned cam sensor hole. Back to the old GM cover, with no problems. Have you found your problem yet? Thanks, Rudy.

There was some foreign material blocking the passages.
Once it was removed the pressure magically came back.

Back