No reverse! Need help! Gotta get home for Xmas!

firebird672002

Hi all. I've been a member of this board for years and I've learned alot but this has me stumped. I have a EA Stage 2, about 3 years old. I had a bit of a sticky TV valve when warmed up. So I figured I would take out the valve body and clean it up, change fluid, filter etc. When I got it back together, all gears are fine except- reverse. The car will barely move in reverse. Wheels will spin if on jack stands. Also I did check the low gear overrun and that does NOT work either. So, its a low/reverse issue. I tried pulling the TV in and out in reverse and no luck. I checked the pressure regulator/boost valve assembly twice and its correct. Check ball placement should be right. What am I missing? No issue with reverse at all before this. Ideas welcome! Thanks in advance! Here are my pressures.
P 110/275
R 100/200
N 110/275
OD 110/275
D 110/275
2 250/250
1 250/250

What about the Low/Reverse "cup plug / rubber seal" in the Case? May have been damaged or fallen out when the Valvebody was removed.

Figure 8-19 on Pg.132 in CK's manual.
Low/Reverse "cup plug / rubber seal" can be seen in the 2nd Pic here, http://gnttype.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9724&page=2
below "402x" cast into Case, to the right of threaded Valvebody mounting hole.

Valvebody gaskets could be damaged. Spacer plate orifice plugged.
Checkballs missing or mispositioned.

Last edited:
You have a leak. I'd pull the vb again and take a look. Pressure too low. Low reverse can be air checked with the vb off. Apply air to the oil feed and you can see it apply.

Alright guys thanks for the help. I found it. Apparently when I installed the spacer plate, a corner of the top gasket folded over. It was right under the accumulator housing so there was indeed a leak by the low/reverse feed. Thanks again for helping and Merry Christmas