No tuning required

power6usa

Im looking to change setup to something that requires little to no tuning. I have a 6776 dbb with 4 inch in 3 inch out, maft pro speed density with wideband 55 lb injectors, commander chip and alkycontrol. I've never been happy with the idle probably due to me spending no time tuning it. the car is 99% street driven. I'm thinking of going to a card style maf with a new chip. i'd like to know if this is a good way to go and what chip to use. I'm looking for the best street manners more than anything else. Thanks for the help.

what version is the software in your Pro?

I can send you the file out of my car, and see if that helps the driveability. (its a "20 minute" tune I did about 3 years ago, but uses the custom user axes in the VE table)
My car drives pretty well with it.

Otherwise, the card style MAF in a 4" pipe is a compromise, due to eddies in the airflow at idle and light throttle. If smooth driveability is your main concern find one of the 3.5" LS1 MAFs, get the adapter harness and set your Pro up in translator mode.

Bob

Im looking to change setup to something that requires little to no tuning. I have a 6776 dbb with 4 inch in 3 inch out, maft pro speed density with wideband 55 lb injectors, commander chip and alkycontrol. I've never been happy with the idle probably due to me spending no time tuning it. the car is 99% street driven. I'm thinking of going to a card style maf with a new chip. i'd like to know if this is a good way to go and what chip to use. I'm looking for the best street manners more than anything else. Thanks for the help.

I'm confused! A Commander chip with a Translator Pro?? How did you end up with that combo??? First off, you should be running an Extender Pro chip with the Translator Pro.

Sorry it is a extender pro mike at full throttle set me up with it when i bought the turbo. not sure what version i'm running my display is mostly out. I will have to find out if i can order a new display. didn't want to do anything till i was sure i was keeping this setup.