North Alabama TR's

Here is mine as of now its stuck on jackstands.

Attachments

• DSCN0099[1].JPG
    DSCN0099[1].JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 362
Tuning...

I know i cant do much till I get my tt chip in...Now i have a couple other chips but not burned for my exact setup, which is
injectors-bluetop 36#
turbo- precision 60mm
intercooler-really big external fan
torque converter- ? about 2200-2300 stall, not stock
cylinder heads- stock
camshaft-210-218

I got a scanmaster and put a regular chip in it here are the readings
02mil-402
af-04
l8-43
bl-128
clt-95
ats-99
rpm-800
tps-44
iac-27
cc-70
mal-0
Now i just replaced both my headers and cleaned everything up, new vac lines cleaned up the turbo and installed sm. before when i got it it was "loping" so i did some investigation and my ds header was leaking, and there were many other leaks any help would help...thanks:confused:Here are some pics...

Attachments

• Grand national.jpg
    Grand national.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 342
  • Grand National 1.jpg
    Grand National 1.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 335
  • Grand national 2.jpg
    Grand national 2.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 351
Blocks...

I put it on blocks for a weekend so nobody would steal it cause i had to leave...so dont worry i wasnt crawling around under it:eek:

I know i cant do much till I get my tt chip in...Now i have a couple other chips but not burned for my exact setup, which is
injectors-bluetop 36#
turbo- precision 60mm
intercooler-really big external fan
torque converter- ? about 2200-2300 stall, not stock
cylinder heads- stock
camshaft-210-218

I got a scanmaster and put a regular chip in it here are the readings
02mil-402
af-04
l8-43
bl-128
clt-95
ats-99
rpm-800
tps-44
iac-27
cc-70
mal-0
Now i just replaced both my headers and cleaned everything up, new vac lines cleaned up the turbo and installed sm. before when i got it it was "loping" so i did some investigation and my ds header was leaking, and there were many other leaks any help would help...thanks:confused:Here are some pics...

AF looks a little low for idle.

Is it an openloop or closed loop idle chip?

turbo tweak

Well once I get my turbo tweak chip I will pull the numbers and follow the tuning guide to hopefully get the engine running spot on if it don't work then I will just have to ask you guys what do I do. I hope its not that difficult but then again if it was easy everybody would have one....I guess that's the fun part.

Here is mine as of now its stuck on jackstands.

Oh god help, that color owns me. That would be the perfect car if it had the big bench seat up front that I always loved in the non GN cars. Love my GN but god are those factory seats not the most comfortable.

Anyone want to pm me your contact info if you live near i65? I'm going to be driving that way to get to the hotrod powertour this year and in case if catastrophic breakdown I wanted a place to tow my car to work on it. Looking for someone in TN and KY too along i65. I hope I don't need ya.

Bishir

Anyone want to pm me your contact info if you live near i65? I'm going to be driving that way to get to the hotrod powertour this year and in case if catastrophic breakdown I wanted a place to tow my car to work on it. Looking for someone in TN and KY too along i65. I hope I don't need ya.

Bishir

Pm sent, about 11 miles from exit 351 in Athens AL :)

Awesome, got two guys in North Alabama/South TN area. AAA give me 100 miles of towing for free. I still need coverage south of Birmingham closer to Montgomery just in case.

need a hand

anybody in driving distance of huntsville that knows how to tune a 87 gn with a scanmaster and is willing to give help? I got tools...scanmaster and a car that needs tuning. Just need a smart guy to help please pm me!

well i'm not all that smart but i will help, i live in sylvania,al sand mountain dragway is about 10 min from my house, we just had test and tune tonight... so if you wanted to come by some time on thur night you can run your car...

anybody in driving distance of huntsville that knows how to tune a 87 gn with a scanmaster and is willing to give help? I got tools...scanmaster and a car that needs tuning. Just need a smart guy to help please pm me!

You can catch us at Huntsville dragway several times a year. I'm just outside Decatur and go to Huntsville often.

What all needs to be done? Just WOT tuning?

yeah i just need wot tuning, but i also need to get it tuned right at idle. When is the next time you all are going to the drags i could get it over there and get some tuning done?

yeah i just need wot tuning, but i also need to get it tuned right at idle. When is the next time you all are going to the drags i could get it over there and get some tuning done?

From the scanmaster numbers you posted you've got a vacuum leak ECM is adding fuel like crazy

How many of you guys attending the power tour in Birmingham? It would be nice to see some of the TR's representing. I'll be there, because we'll have a booth there. Performance Car Craft.
Also, every 3rd Saturday of the month we have a Carshow/Cookout at our shop from 10a-3pm. Then we cruise to another carshow at the Publics Shopping center in Alabaster.

There is a remote chance we might relocate to Huntsville. What areas should I stay away from when looking for a house to buy? Which areas are best for schools (elementary age kids at the moment)? I'd really like to buy property with a lot big enough to put/have a shop in the back. Are there smaller outlying towns that are nice that I can easily commute to/from?

Awesome, got two guys in North Alabama/South TN area. AAA give me 100 miles of towing for free. I still need coverage south of Birmingham closer to Montgomery just in case.

Not sure what route you're taking, but I'm south of Montgomery; near Dothan. I have a truck and enclosed car trailer.

Three rural cities to consider if wanting cheaper housing and acreage... New Hope, Lacey Springs (home of Aminga), and my pick(but you better love the county), Morgan City. All of these towns are ten minutes or less from Hunstville, but their schools are NOT top notch, most move to the city because of this. I highly recommend this site when considering your child's future... Alabama Schools - Alabama State School Ratings - Public and Private Best wishes, Tyler

Three rural cities to consider if wanting cheaper housing and acreage... New Hope, Lacey Springs (home of Aminga), and my pick(but you better love the county), Morgan City. All of these towns are ten minutes or less from Hunstville, but their schools are NOT top notch, most move to the city because of this. I highly recommend this site when considering your child's future... Alabama Schools - Alabama State School Ratings - Public and Private Best wishes, Tyler

The address is Lacey's Spring but we're really in Morgan City