NOS w/alky enrichment

Jon: Alky pressure should be 10 psi above boost, assuming you're injecting it into the output side of the compressor and not the inlet. SO set your boost referenced regulator for 10 psi and let it do the rest. You could go more pressure, but you'll have to change the jetting. There is a way to calculate that if you like math puzzles.

Dave: I talked to a guy named John Philips at Nitrous Express. 888-463-2781(toll free). I believe he had a fogger or shark, or whatever they call those nozzles in each port spraying alky with NOS. His car is an all Alky racer like yours, so he should be a good source for you.

Ohh boy.. I get to use my brand new NX system with alky ..yay!!!!

I'm gonna use the progressive to pump it in ;).. just a little shot :eek:

:D :D

BTW Pete.. one gallon is too little. get your self a 3 or 5 gallon ;)

Julio,

Did not know you were in the tank business. You keep branching out!

Seriously, I would love 2 gallons, but I don't think I can squeeze it in. I'm hanging it off the front of the passenger wheelwell with half of it under the fender and 1/2 sticking out so I can get at the cap.

SMC's 1 gal is 9 1/2" high(10 1/2" counting the cap) x 6 1/4"wide x 4 1/4" deep(front to back). Bottom feed with a return and sender, all brass pipe thread fittings and 2 big wide mounting flanges on either side. A nice piece.

I'm assuming yours is 12" high?? That's pretty tall. Give me some more precise measurements and tell me where the cap is located, is it clear plastic, etc. Better yet email me those with a pic.

If it's not too expensive I might get it just to try and cram it in there, but I gotta get a Shurflow, a regulator, and a bunch of hoses in there and there's already some stuff in there.

Hold the foam please. I had one fuel cell with that stuff in it and it is a pain.

The tank that really needs some foam is that GN radiator overflow. I put my low alky sender at the end by the pickup and it flickers on in normal driving when it's still 2/3 full. Major sloshing going on, I'm always topping it off.

My dream tank for the GTO would be 9" tall x 10-12" wide x 6" deep(front to back) with the filler offset to 1 side. I could go a lot further under the fender if I could get at the cap.

Did some flow testing to see how much alky this thing will use, here's what I came up with:

I tested with 3 NOS foggers running #47 jets(what I think it will take to support 150 HP, tho it could be less) spraying at 34psi. Will probably be using closer to 20psi over boost pressure, but I didn't have the regulator hooked up. That was just an old Bosch 286 EFI pump running flat out.

In 10 seconds it used 22 oz. Gallon is 128 oz, right? Looks like maybe 4 1/4 mile passes or 7-10 blasts around town. That's why I'm planning on leaving fogger#1 on gas to conserve alky. #1 comes on when I floor it just to wake the turbo up, 2 and 3 come on at 5 and 10 lbs respectively with alky to start cooling things down.

Still in the planning stages. It's cold as a brass monkey's you know what in my garage right now.

Get back to me with more details on the tank

Pete