Nozzle flow #'s with unregulated shurflow pump?

qwiketz

I was wondering if you guys could tell me what the flow #'s of the nozzles rated at 5,10, and 15 gph at 100psi are with the pump unregulated. I have the shurflow 8000 series pump.

Depends on pressure. Not all pumps make 220+ PSI. Some make more.. some make less.

You'll need to run a pressure test on your own pump and see what it does. Then the MATH can commence.

I realize that the pressure is dependent on the pump and the size of the nozzle. What's a ballpark increase on nozzle flow from 100psi to 200 psi? I'm just trying to figure what nozzles to start with. I forgot to take this into consideration the first time and power dropped off pretty good amount(about 6 mph)

Dont you use an electronic controller? If so.. turn down its voltage to the pump and that will decrease the output.

If your running off of hobbs switches, then you can turn down flow by decreasing the pressure on top of the pump.

Dont know if your motor wants 137 PSI on a M15 or 80 lbs on an M10. This requires some trial and error and first is to start at zero knock.. then work on reducing amount.. via pressure.. which is done electrically or mechanically.

How much alky does your motor need? That my friend is the mystery.

Figuring volumes.. doesnt work. Cuase every motor responds differently to the injection. Ballpark possible.

Tell me how much HP your making, your boost, type of system, i'll throw you the "should" get ya numbers for nozzle and pressure.

The search feature might find the data, it's out there with flow numbers.

Unless it's been deleted or modified.

pulled up the seach using the terms "nozzle flow numbers" but wasn't able to find out anything.

I'm not asking what the amount of flow I need for my combo is but rather what is a ballpark flow volume for the nozzle at approx 200 psi so that I can select some nozzles that are at least close to the flow numbers that I'm looking for and then go through the trial and error process.

I'm looking to start baselining with a 10-13 gph nozzle but I'm not sure what that equates to when i'm using nozzles rated at 40 and 100 psi and I'm pushing almost double the 100psi. Isn't it about 40% more flow with double the pressure?

Combo is 383 LT4 chevy with a vortech s trim that is being overspun(a ton of heat out of the discharge of the blower). About 8-10 psi. Progressive controller with turn on at 50% duty cycle. Full power at 10psi.

I started with a m15 nozzle and that was way too much. The spark was getting quenched.

Isn't it about 40% more flow with double the pressure?

Yes. And 100% more (or in other words, double) flow with 4 times pressure, etc (uses square root law).

Originally posted by qwiketz

Combo is 383 LT4 chevy with a vortech s trim that is being overspun(a ton of heat out of the discharge of the blower). About 8-10 psi. Progressive controller with turn on at 50% duty cycle. Full power at 10psi.

I started with a m15 nozzle and that was way too much. The spark was getting quenched.

Maybe you need to bring down the turnon duty cycle.

Doesnt seem to be a lot of progressive with starting at 8 and going to 10 PSI. Typically it should fire at 3-4 PSI and ramp to 10 PSI. With full output if needed at 10 PSI. And if the motor will make at least 550-600 to the wheels, an M15 is correct at about 135-150 PSI. You need to pull fuel out of the VE tables to offset the injection. And target around 20-25% replacement.

Look at your IAT's, they typically dont lie if its really spraying.. and if so.. then drop fueling to compliment the alky.

Looks like you asked this question before.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1016573#post1016573

Who's progressive controller?

You're right on. That was exactly the thread I was looking for but I couldn't find it.

I forgot to mention what the turn on was. I have it setup to come on at 3-4 psi and full at about 10psi now, but the nozzle size was overkill. As soon as it started spraying the power dropped off.

I estimate that the car is "only" putting down about 400-425 to the wheels now so I'm going to dial it back a bit.

I have an adjustable fmu to replace my fixed rate fmu. Once I get that installed then I'm off to the dyno and then to the track to get it fined tuned under real world conditions.

The controller is snow progressive. Everything else is a diy.

You're right on. That was exactly the thread I was looking for but I couldn't find it.

I forgot to mention what the turn on was. I have it setup to come on at 3-4 psi and full at about 10psi now, but the nozzle size was overkill. As soon as it started spraying the power dropped off.

Why not set the full to about 15 PSI? Wouldnt that put less into the motor at 10 psi?

If the amount injected when the system fires is too high.. man that I cant help with. That should be adjustable, which may not be on his.. dunno. And not to say you dont need fuel pulled out of your pcm.

As to the nozzle being too big. Not ;)

I realize that the pressure is dependent on the pump and the size of the nozzle. What's a ballpark increase on nozzle flow from 100psi to 200 psi?

injector flow * Sqrt(200/100)