Off set rod question

dank GN

BlackArts Automotive (661)993-8277
On the off center motors like the stock 109 what is the rod off set? I found a bunch of off set rods just need to know if they will work for a off center motor. Let me know if you have some experience with off set rods thanks

I know you press the rodto be offset on pin. on stock if press them on the center of the pin they will be sticking out the one side of the pistons if you have pressd in pins.

Oh god. I went through this years ago when I was forced to run hypers on my 4.1. I couldn't find ANY spec on the offset and measuring a bunch of factory assembled sets didn't yield any consistent data. I ended up spending forever mocking up and measuring, and mocking up and measuring.....

Ended up using a beer bottle top to act as a stop when I did the press fit. Basically I'd have an abandoned Scunci that some chick left here (to mark her spot) to hold the bottle cap over the pin bore. Pull a rod out of the oven, facing a certain way, then slide the pin home until it recesses in the cap.

Now it's less trouble just to float the stock rods and stick them together. lol

Dank, are you mainly concerned with the big end or small end? Your off set can come from both ends but the big end is usually the one that most are concerned with. If some one took an on center and made a narrow journal off center. If I can find the paperwork for my Cunninghams I could tell you the off set for a wide journal is. I know that they made them in narrow and wide journal sizes and I have both. Are the old rods from a stage 2 or what? Most of the old stage 2 off center rods were 6.5" Carillo. I woud say around 90%.