Oil cooler Q?

SpeednV6

Fuel Pressure Gauges
I picked up a nice B&M oil cooler from a friend. He didn't have fittings, so I need to know what size fittings match up to the oil lines? If I needed to, could I use heavy duty braided hose and 2 clamps?

SpeednV6 said:
I picked up a nice B&M oil cooler from a friend. He didn't have fittings, so I need to know what size fittings match up to the oil lines? If I needed to, could I use heavy duty braided hose and 2 clamps?
You cannot just use clamps on HD braided line. If you dont have a place near you to make the lines, get all the fittings needed from Summit/Jegs. Threads on the cooler should be 1/2" NPT. If your gonna have lines made up, use the stock style fittings on the filter housing, or change fittings on filter housing to a AN fitting and eliminate the o'rings, I think the threads in the housing are 1/2 NPT as well, but check, and use I think its 8-AN-1/2"NPT FITTINGS.

Thank's for the feedback. I managed to find a local shop to make some custom lines. It was expensive, however, the lines are very stout. :D

Hey I got the spot for u.

Take the cooler and the lines with u and go over to Gieb on Mannhiem Rd. just north of Belmont. They will match up the fittings u need and u can pick whatever hose u want. They have a hi pressure black hose that I used all over my car but I know they have all sizes of the pretty braided. If ur going north on Mannhiem turn left (west) on Belmont then a quick right at the next street (Franklin Ave. I think), it will be the first big white building on the right with the tinted windowed doors.

Brer Rabbit: I went to a place at the corner of Wolf and Lake St. Thank's for the heads up.