You can type here any text you want

Oil Light On And Ticking Badly From Right Side

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
good and bad news... while i was priming i noticed oil leaking from the turbo piping? good news there was no metal in the filter or oil and the oil had the normal color. plus the car runs great with no tick, although i still have to pickup a timing light to get the precise timing. it idled at about 50psi then i went to adjust the timing a little by ear and after the car warmed up i checked the gauge, it had an idle psi down to 10psi... i looked at the trans shroud and noticed a little drip forming from the drain hole... i want to take it for a test drive but not sure if the psi is too low and dunno what could be the cause, i don't see any other leaks either?
2012-08-26_15-11-07_523.jpg2012-08-26_15-11-22_777.jpg2012-08-26_15-10-12_428.jpg2012-08-26_15-11-47_163.jpg2012-08-26_15-12-06_114.jpg

10 PSI is a little low but fairly normal for an engine that hasn't been gone into. Did you rev it up at all?

i revved it up, didn't sound bad... so i took it for a little spin and at higher rpm it would go up anywhere from 20-40psi while driving, although i have about 12' of oil pressure line running the gauge into the cabin... during the drive the car wouldn't stop smoking and sometimes when i stopped at a stoplight the pressure would drop down just above 0psi, so i took it back and shut her down. i was talking to a friend about the oil leakage in the turbo pipe and he seems to think it's the turbo oil seal leaking. i also was not getting any boost, the car was incredibly sluggish. could that explain the lower oil pressure and white smoke coming out of the exhaust?

White smoke is generally water (steam), which usually means head gasket, or cracked head(s) or block. I'd start with a compression test and go from there. Best of luck.

Back