You can type here any text you want

oil

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

83ttypecooled

Hi,
Here we go again with oil talk.Please refresh my memory;since I can't find GM EOS, would something like Rotella be adequate to protect my new cam?Or one of the racing oils? What are you guys doing?

Is new cam a roller or flat-tappet? Supplement not needed for roller--you can just go w/ Valvoline Racing oil (VR-1) or the Shell Rotella. While other additives don't have as much ZDDP as EOS, STP & Lucas Oil Treatments offer a level of protection. Then there's the new, concentrated ZDDP product offered by Kirban Performance, just recently introduced by his friend (& creator) at this recent Open House mid-September...where just several ounces will do-you...

You just reminded me, I'm going to stop by my local GM dealer & see if they have any EOS stock remaining...

You can also use the Rotella diesel oil (@ Adv Auto).

I just scored 4 pts of EOS ("Assembly Lube")--all they had--at my nearest GM dealer. The other GM dealer near me had none. Not cheap (about $9 each incl. tax), but then what dealer priced parts are?

As I now have a hydr roller--EOS is now overkill--but can 8 oz. /oil change hurt...?

Back