Ok guys, i spared no expense on my car, what gives?

glad its working.

Its possible the plugs are lead coated and misfiring, but if it runs well at .028, leave it. A lead-poluted O2, would cause it to run rich in regular driving, which would hasten the demise of the plugs.

Let us know how it does!

Bob

Dude, tuning w/ race fuel is just fine, Denso O2 sensors are pretty good. Ive had mine in for 2 years now using race fuel. I dont drive my car that much but it does last longer that a Delco. We have vary similar combos and ive ran 11.20's at 119 on race fuel (110) at 25 lbs of boost. I do have a cam and ported heads. Watch for kr and creep up on boost and timing. Good luck let us know on your times.

Glad you solved the problem

since most of us were born knowing everything,
your welcome! LOL:tongue:
I've never had sucess with large plug gaps on high boost, (using stock buick ignition)
you DO wanna try alky, you'll wonder why you waited so long!!!!!
post up your results when you hit the track.

Next TR I get I'll be running alky... I don't think I'd want to drive my car I have now on 25psi on the street. I don't think crashing into buildings sounds like fun.;) But seriously the next car I build I'm going to go with used parts, not as much motor, and use alky to crank the boost up. If I was in your position I'd switch because I know you don't like paying 7-8 dollars a gallon and I don't know about the area that you live in but I only know of 1 gas station in the whole bay that I can gas up at. So no long trips for me

I learned somethin today my plugs are gaped at .32 :eek: ive never ran more than stock boost tho lol that is gonna change this summer though:biggrin:

I used about 30 gallons of race gas, and destroyed 2 denso in one season. Leaded gas is just stupid, and obsolete. Use unleaded, or just buy an alky kit. Or, use both. But stay away from lead. And heated sensors don't give you that much more time, as far as sensor life. Just use a denso, and unleaded, and you'll be fine. It's harder to find, but still possible. And, tell me how you were measuring O2 cross counts at idle. I'm curious.

I've been running 100 octane out of the pump for about a year now, probably 500 miles. No problems

I wasn't born knowing everything but i did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

My wife needs no Holiday Inn Express, she has always known everything...

Heck, I sold my set of encyclopedias when I got married...

Please, dont' anyone show her this, LOL...

Philosophical question here;

If a man in in the woods with no woman around him. If he says something, is he still wrong?

Mike

my wife needs no holiday inn express, she has always known everything...

Heck, i sold my set of encyclopedias when i got married...

Please, dont' anyone show her this, lol...

Philosophical question here;

if a man in in the woods with no woman around him. If he says something, is he still wrong?

Mike

yes!!!!! ;)

Good job Booost, These cars are a little different. I think that's half the fun....

I recently had my motor rebuilt. I put it back in and had low o2 readings also. Scared to get into it. Turned out I didn't have the ground hooked on the back of the head for the o2 sensor. It is a tan wire on the passenger side of the car bolted to the back of the head. It is a real bear to get at or even see. Put it on and the o2 readings were normal. Maybe not the problem but doesn't hurt to check.