You can type here any text you want

ok results are in

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
live in clifton nj

my shop is in paterson nj

number is 973 330 1874

i am not going any further than pulling the heads on this car im not touching bottom end i want to just pull it and put in a fresh long block and sell whatever i have here its to much hassle for me to take it all apart and do the rings and pistons and all that ****

PM me for contact info, I could swing by and take a look at what happened. I'm about 10 mins from you.

I go to the Clifton/Paterson area often. GF lives in Lodi and I live in Fort Lee.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

everything is fine i guess it was the combination of the alky chip and the vacum leak

i pulled the trans and the motor took out the messed up piston and what do you know the ring came out like

( )

that lol

heads are getting rebuilt new valves guides seats springs

and engine wise

line bored

clevite bearings

honed

new pistons (trws)

new rings

same rods

surfaced

2 questions

should i assmeble the heads to the engine before i drop it back in?

like i said again weich head gaskets the fel pros any one have a part number again for me so i can just make sure of it

should i do the connecting rod bolts?

and what head bolts?

studs or bolts or what should i order?

everything is fine i guess it was the combination of the alky chip and the vacum leak

i pulled the trans and the motor took out the messed up piston and what do you know the ring came out like

( )

that lol

and engine wise

line bored

clevite bearings

honed

new pistons (trws)

new rings

same rods

surfaced

2 questions

like i said again weich head gaskets the fel pros any one have a part number again for me so i can just make sure of it

and what head bolts?

Now that you have a local with TONS of GN knowledge from top to bottom of a GN willing to take the 10 minute drive and help you out.... "your car is fine".....

Keep crying wolf and noone will help you let alone respond to your threads:wink:

Why dont you go post on LS1 like post #23.....

What: No GNs, GNXs, T-Types, Turbo-Ts, or TTAs? - Page 2 - LS1LT1.com/LS3Forums.com

( )

that lol

and engine wise

line bored

clevite bearings

honed

new pistons (trws)

new rings

same rods

surfaced

2 questions

and what head bolts?

Now that you have a local with TONS of GN knowledge from top to bottom of a GN willing to take the 10 minute drive and help you out.... "your car is fine".....

Keep crying wolf and noone will help you let alone respond to your threads:wink:

Why dont you go post on LS1 like post #23.....

What: No GNs, GNXs, T-Types, Turbo-Ts, or TTAs? - Page 2 - LS1LT1.com/LS3Forums.com

Thanks Ty.

Who's doing the machine work? Guy on E18 th St???

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

well if you want my social security number too pm me for it

that was the car i was planned on buying 2 years ago and posted pictures of it ended up not buying that one but i did own another one i got a deal on

87 gn with 79000 miles owned it for about a week and sold it for close to 3k profit without even opening the hood

i didnt want to buy a ten thousand dollar grand national and do all this **** to it so instead a baught a 4 thousand dollar turbo t so i have the money left over to build it.

would you spend 30-40k on a c6 or 70-80k on a z06 when you plan on putting in a lsx block and ripping it apart?

You said your shop is in Paterson. There is a famous engine located on E18th St, aka Bill Cerelli Competion Engines.

Who is doing your machine work?

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

well i think a broken piston ring isnt considered fine but some of you were hinting on a BOOM of some sort i guess i should of said the block is fine im sorry

idk what you are looking for in trying to locate all my posts and **** like that if you have a quesiton or see a post why dont you ask me about it first than trying to ****en make me look liek an ******* when idk what kind of point your trying to prove

im on this site i baught a turbo buick i car i wanted since i can remember i have a shop in paterson nj no i dont rebuild engines or anything about that, thats why i took it apart and im not putting it back ill leave that to an engine builder.

i change engines and transmission but doesnt mean i can rebuild one and no its not jiffy lube thank you

any time you buy a new car you want to do work to you usually do research on it and see what parts work and what parts dont and tips thats what forums liek this are for to help eachother out eventually i will probably be one of the old guys here helping kids liek me in the future instead of bashing them and making them feel like **** and trying to find stuff about them to make them look bad

idk what i ever done to any of you im sorry i just lack the knowledge of these cars and if i ask too many questions tell me i wont post them and just troll if thats what you want me to do but im just liek all you guys weather your questions has to do with building a 1200 horsepower engine or a simple tune up question

any other questions you want to ask me about my life just call me 973 330 1874 ill be happy to answer and you can leave me messages too telling me how to spell and why i posted pictures of other cars and how come 16 year old cousin passed away last week.

you really know how to make me feel welcome and when i think i have a good site with a bunch of good guys on it and people i can just turn to and talk to for once instead of dealing with more stress espescially with poeple i dont even know

i turn to this site for the love of these cars and we can all relate to that but some times you really know how to make some one feel bad even over the internet and when you think your smart posts about bashing on me doesnt hurt any one and make others laugh man its the same as real life

im sorry if i ever offended any one with anything i ever did or said but all im looking for is just some information on a car that i pretty much lived for at one point as you can tell my name

( )

that lol

and engine wise

line bored

clevite bearings

honed

new pistons (trws)

new rings

same rods

surfaced

2 questions

and what head bolts?

First you have to decide what is going to be your ultimate goal.

Do the following (from the parts you listed above):
- Line bore (have too) with heads bolted to the block
- Billet center main caps
- ARP Main studs
- Recondition rods
- ARP rod bolts
- Main and rod clearance set up to your goal---> street, race, street/strip
- Pistons---> Diamonds, JEs (TRWs too heavy)
- Rings Total Seal file fit rings
- Hone w/ torque plate
The above should pretty much build you a solid bottom end.

Optional: Modify the oil passages in the block to increase oil volume. If you modifiy the oil passages, then you need to convert over to a high volume pump to keep up with the volume. There are alot of opinions on this subject.

- Blueprint the front cover and oil pump passages to increase oil flow. This mods needs to be done regards of the block oil passage mods.

With stock iron heads, NOT ported or polished stick with a 206/206 roller cam. Highly recommend converting over to a roller.

I prefer head studs over head bolts. Stick stock GM graphite headgaskets with the iron heads. O-ringing the heads is not a bad idea. I think the FelPro part number is a 9441PT. Either headgasket will be fine.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Your words not mine:wink:

The reason I did a simple google search on liv4gnz is quite simply this....

I could not absolutly imagine a person could start 40+ threads on how to tune a Turbo Buick.... What is my Scanmaster saying etc etc etc and not listen to a damn thing we were trying to tell you.

THANK GOD Billy found this post and "might" be able to get you back on track.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/scan-tool-tech/281708-how-tune-turbo-buick.html#post2153297

Your words not mine:wink:

The reason I did a simple google search on liv4gnz is quite simply this....

I could not absolutly imagine a person could start 40+ threads on how to tune a Turbo Buick.... What is my Scanmaster saying etc etc etc and not listen to a damn thing we were trying to tell you.

THANK GOD Billy found this post and "might" be able to get you back on track.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/scan-tool-tech/281708-how-tune-turbo-buick.html#post2153297

Since this is the Christian Holy time...... AMEN!!

You have a broken engine because you ignored the people who tried to get you to understand the basics. You wanted to jump right from purchase to fiddle fukcing around with timing, boost, fuel curves, etc. and not even having the 1st clue as to what makes these cars tick. You think just because you own a TB that you're entitled to runs 10's. Look where that got 'ya.

You're crappy attitude as of late has gotten you some crappy replys. I know I personally don't care how many turbo ricer engines you may have "built", but a TB is a different breed of cat.

I am a "noob" myself. But, you know what?? I did my homework, asked fellow TB owners for help, read & re-read dozens of posts on this site and learned the basics of tuning my car in. I now have a solid high 12 second car that runs 18PSI on pump gas & 0.0 knock and is dead nuts reliable.

Quick Reference Page For the '86/'87 Turbo Regals and '89 Turbo T/A
yea thats pretty much just numbers

This is the 1st & foremost thing. If things are out of spec, the car will not perform up to par. Then begin playing with boost, chips, alky, etc.

Tuning

this link is like perfect for like learning about how this system like works I think it will benefit you to learn what the parts are and what they do and why. I always get a chuckle when the ignorant find out I have a GN that does NOT run 10's. Its never a simple task to make any car significantly quicker and reliable.
I'm pretty much asking for knowledge you use every day when you tune your car

and still i don't really have anything just people telling me where to look or read this or that

either you do it slowly with help from friends or you take it to a tuner with a dyno and pay them big bucks to get it done quickly. I have had my Limited for 10 years now and I am still learning.

Now even though the ECM will pull timing during detonation, it will do it to a certain extent. When you hear it, see it, feel it - pull your foot out of it.

Maybe next time (after the rebuild) he'll start over at the basics like we've been trying to tell him, and go from there. Way back at the 1st reply to him, "rmar" posted a link to a basic tuning guide with value numbers. He blew "rmar" off saying those are just numbers & doesn't help anything. I too posted a very good, more advanced, tuning guide link which also got ignored.
I say whatever.... don't wanna listen, suffer the consequences.

I must be Nostradamus because about a week ago I told him he was gonna scatter parts.....

There was nothing but love in these replies on the boards part. But you refused to listen you knew better than us. Most all of the info I have got on these boards has been at night searching and reading,searching and reading.
It is all here .... A few post may lead you to a few other sites with quality info also. Read them too. All the new motors in the world will not keep what just happened to your car from happening again day one. You do not learn a damn thing running your mouth or knowing better. You learn by listening. You can ask a question but then listen.

And for our sakes hit the frigken spell check button.:biggrin:

liv4gnz, if you really want the help of the members of this board, it might be in your best interest to take a few days off from asking questions and study the information that we have shared with you. You have pissed off a lot of people that have taken their time to try and help you, but you refused to take time to study this information on your own.

We are just trying to help you.

Here is the info..........

Tuning

Quick Reference Page For the '86/'87 Turbo Regals and '89 Turbo T/A

well i think a broken piston ring isnt considered fine but some of you were hinting on a BOOM of some sort i guess i should of said the block is fine im sorry

idk what you are looking for in trying to locate all my posts and **** like that if you have a quesiton or see a post why dont you ask me about it first than trying to ****en make me look liek an ******* when idk what kind of point your trying to prove

im on this site i baught a turbo buick i car i wanted since i can remember i have a shop in paterson nj no i dont rebuild engines or anything about that, thats why i took it apart and im not putting it back ill leave that to an engine builder.

i change engines and transmission but doesnt mean i can rebuild one and no its not jiffy lube thank you

any time you buy a new car you want to do work to you usually do research on it and see what parts work and what parts dont and tips thats what forums liek this are for to help eachother out eventually i will probably be one of the old guys here helping kids liek me in the future instead of bashing them and making them feel like **** and trying to find stuff about them to make them look bad

idk what i ever done to any of you im sorry i just lack the knowledge of these cars and if i ask too many questions tell me i wont post them and just troll if thats what you want me to do but im just liek all you guys weather your questions has to do with building a 1200 horsepower engine or a simple tune up question

any other questions you want to ask me about my life just call me 973 330 1874 ill be happy to answer and you can leave me messages too telling me how to spell and why i posted pictures of other cars and how come 16 year old cousin passed away last week.

you really know how to make me feel welcome and when i think i have a good site with a bunch of good guys on it and people i can just turn to and talk to for once instead of dealing with more stress espescially with poeple i dont even know

i turn to this site for the love of these cars and we can all relate to that but some times you really know how to make some one feel bad even over the internet and when you think your smart posts about bashing on me doesnt hurt any one and make others laugh man its the same as real life

im sorry if i ever offended any one with anything i ever did or said but all im looking for is just some information on a car that i pretty much lived for at one point as you can tell my name

pick one....

Hug:tongue:

or Blanky....:redface: :redface:

no i have read every piece of information that was ever sent to me pmed to me or any threads relating to what i was asking

most answers are pretty vague and tell you 95 percent of what you want to know and leaves out some odds and ends.

i never said i was ungrateful all i ever said to possibly offend some one was that wasnt really what i was asking

i said everything is fine didnt think you would take it to your heart

every thing is fine as in i found out what was broken and why and thank god it was only a ring

the tune was good it may have been a little lean at 770 but the vacum line was off weich caused it to lean out like crazy with out alky and with an alky chip

it was my fault one hundred percent im sorry i couldnt think too straight but i forgot to put the line on and i paid dearly for it.

you live and learn but some lessons are alot more expensive than others and this happened to be one of them.

listen to me,

i am not on this board to argue, im not here to start problems, im not here to piss people off, im not hear to take **** from people i dont even know or atleast i thought i knew.

you want to say **** about me than go ahead i never opened my mouth to any one nor ever offended any one, i support all the vendors and spent alot of money so far

you wanna still act childish to me than go ahead im happy theres mature people here who know what its like to go through this and have some one to be there to help you out rather than doing the opposite i have no respect for people like you who would rather say something negative just to say it, what do you ****en expect when you talk like that, who are you trying to impress or look good in front of?

if you still wanna make your point than go right ahead write me a ****en letter telling me how dumb i am and whatever else you would like to add in about me

and every post i said i appreciate any input or any ideas and always say thank you and am very grateful

i know you take the time and effort to write a reply or a pm to me and i try to take advantage of the information i was given but some times it wasnt enough or not enough to answer my question

i would rather have the support from you guys and get involved with the TR community and get to know people in the area even the way you guys still treat me you are like a second family to me sad to say but its true and when you get turned away or bashed on by family theirs really no where else to go and especially times like this where i can use you guys the most i get some comments that really show me what this board is really like , i thought it was different more mature guys but every forum is the same always those people who have to stand out and be negative for no apparent reason

sorry for the long post but right now is not a good time for me in many ways and again i dont really have any one to turn to or take my mind off things

you can write whatever replys you want it wont matter any more sorry for aggravating all of you and asking so many questions i never meant any disrespect or problems

thank you
again im sorry

-Bobby

Bro...you are taking ALL of this way too seriously....

A deaf ear does not lend itself to sympathy...you have posed multiple threads asking the same questions over and over and over again...

No one is "Slamming" you but like many, I too would begin to become irritated if I had to keep repeating myself..like your questions...over and over and over again...

If you want better responses...heed these guys advices...some of them can build one of these motors in their sleep..and if you don't understand a response at the time...come back and reread it again in a few hours...clarity may become an realization at that point...

Relax...remember its only a car...and you really should change your screen name..you actually had me re-thinking my response earlier and that was based on your reply to all the advice that had been given and when board members starting voicing their frustration and to some degreee (suspicion) about what your intentions are....

Relax...breathe...and go back research again...and next time try to not write a post until you are 100000000% sure you just do not "get it"

Be cool man...its gonna be aight....

Steve Chambers :cool:

Bobby please PM Billy T or screen name gnxtc2. The man has mad knowledge about these cars and he is 10 minutes away from you.

I am sure he would be happy to get you going down the right path.

Ty

Bobby please PM Billy T or screen name gnxtc2. The man has mad knowledge about these cars and he is 10 minutes away from you.

I am sure he would be happy to get you going down the right path.

Ty

Yeah, What he said x2

If you think the answers you got from the board weren't clear enough, Take Billy up on his offer to come check things out. Listen to him and ask questions, you'll learn more things in a 15 min conversation than most people can wrap their head around just reading from a board.

Back