Opinions on valve springs for hyd roller cam/lifter/rocker street motor

Today the shop said they could try a 1.75" height for 130# seat/ 425# at 1.250", and they werent sure if they could get to 1.800" for 105# seat/ 380# @ 1.300. I'm considering the 918 beehive recommendation from TType6 which would put me a little over 330# at (1.150+.080=1.23) max lift and ~140# seat with earlbrown method. Does that seem right...?

Earlbrown, thanks for sharing that experience and black magic! I probably can't ask the shop to go through all that! But helpful to know. For Beehives, ignore pressures and set near coil bind (like ~ .060") like has been mention here before.
Cool.
You can call Comp Cams and Full throttle and ask for seat and full lift pressure recommendations. I would heed the advice from Full Throttle more as they have personal experience with your cam in your engine with the different rocker ratios,but I suspect they will both be very close to one another. I recommend this so you can educate yourself. I wouldn't be surprised if they both tell you that you have more spring than you need,but there's no good reason to justify the extra expense and work to change the springs. Please call them just to see what they say.

You can call Comp Cams and Full throttle and ask for seat and full lift pressure recommendations. I would heed the advice from Full Throttle Please call them just to see what they say.
great idea, will do. Thanks

Also,you can ask them for recommendations as far as distance from coil bind is concerned.

Today the shop said they could try a 1.75" height for 130# seat/ 425# at 1.250", and they werent sure if they could get to 1.800" for 105# seat/ 380# @ 1.300. I'm considering the 918 beehive recommendation from TType6 which would put me a little over 330# at (1.150+.080=1.23) max lift and ~140# seat with earlbrown method. Does that seem right...?
What they are talking about doing here is using a plus .050" lock which allows the retainer to move upward .050". If you get the blessings from Full Throttle and Comp to do this,I would go this direction.

If you show up at the machine shop with a bunch of ''the internet said this'', ''comp said this'', '' a buick vendor said this'', ''I think this'', and then look like you're going to say ''I want you to do it differently than you know to do it'...

.....If they don't hand you your heads and send you home, you need a new machine shop.

And,no, that won't be them being a dick (or me, when someone tells me to do something different), It'll be them risking a comeback and hard feelings on something that isn't their fault.

Today the shop said they could try a 1.75" height for 130# seat/ 425# at 1.250"

FWIW that's very close to how my 1201's are set up with a 210/210 roller (just under .500 valve lift).

I didn't say 'what', I said 'how'.

In other words, if someone needs me to fix their car and tells me how to do it, I allow them to save some money since they know more than me.

So it looks like Tom at Champion got it right with spring set up on my heads. While this is my first dealing with Tom, I 've heard good for so long about Champion I'm not surprised. 1.700" is a good height for my 206/206 roller, since it appears that most folks are far more concerned with achieving full compression at max lift than setting up for spring pressure. I spoke with Mike at Full Throttle. He says they set them up like this typically at 1.700 and get in the .060-.070" from bind neighborhood at full open. In addition, the PAC 1201 spring I've found out is in many cars here and friends cars with very similar set up with great results. The shop is going to reassemble and we're good to bolt 'em up and get measuring for push rods. If I was doing this over from scratch I may have looked for something with a little less rate than the 1201, not sure what.
I learned a great deal about the subject from this post and as usual, this great group of knowledgeable, helpful cats. Thanks to all for opinions, input and time!

So it looks like Tom at Champion got it right with spring set up on my heads. While this is my first dealing with Tom, I 've heard good for so long about Champion I'm not surprised. 1.700" is a good height for my 206/206 roller, since it appears that most folks are far more concerned with achieving full compression at max lift than setting up for spring pressure. I spoke with Mike at Full Throttle. He says they set them up like this typically at 1.700 and get in the .060-.070" from bind neighborhood at full open. In addition, the PAC 1201 spring I've found out is in many cars here and friends cars with very similar set up with great results. The shop is going to reassemble and we're good to bolt 'em up and get measuring for push rods. If I was doing this over from scratch I may have looked for something with a little less rate than the 1201, not sure what.
I learned a great deal about the subject from this post and as usual, this great group of knowledgeable, helpful cats. Thanks to all for opinions, input and time!
With all that said remember the springs WILL lose rate with usage