You can type here any text you want

Oval Track VS Drag Slicks?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
What exactly is the difference? Got an event comming up, and with no tires to run on the back of my car I asked around at work to see if anyone had anything I could run. One guy brought in a pair of oval track slicks that he said would be just like a regular drag slick except its got the grooves cut into it for the circle track deal. Would these work in place of a normal hoosier drag slick? :confused::confused: -Ben

Sidewalls for one are going to be stiffer in the RR vs. drag. Pretty sure teh compounds are different as well

Compounds are completely different, and as stated, sidewalls on the circle track tires are WAY too stiff.

Circle track tires are not made for straight line acceleration.

They are fun to do burnouts with though;):biggrin:

I knew someone who showed up at the dragstrip with oval track slicks on his honda and they wouldn't even hook on that.

I had a buddy that used them on his fwd daytona turbo.. He ran high 12s with them on the street but...He switched to regular slicks and picked up a half second at the track...

Depends entirely on the tire. What model and compound are they. Some of the tires are soft as an erassor and the side walls are really flexable.

Back