Pantera Coil Brackets for BB ignition and stock intake

turbobitt

Collaborating with Bison on this interlocking bracket setup. Parts are being made this week so we should have some fit check updates soon.
AG.
Plenum_Coil_062.JPG
Plenum_Coil_065.JPG
Coil_02.JPG
Coil_03.JPG

Last edited:
Update with actual hardware. In the mock-up stage. The Bob Baily Module in the pics was just used as a reference and the final product will have no need for the coil pack mounted on the top and will have the 6 individual coils.
AG.

006 (2).JPG
007 (2).JPG
008 (2).JPG
009.JPG
010.JPG
028.JPG

Thanks, Mounting hardware should be in soon so I'll have some better updated pictures with the Interlock feature fastened down.
AG.

I'll be watching.

I saw your post on the FB group and was really impressed.

Do you have access to a CNC machine? I only ask because your designs look like you must work with CAD for a living or something similar.

The interlocking feature is really slick.

Few questions:

1) I see you have the stock fuel rails on there. Will this setup work with Champion rails?

2) For those of us who are willing to admit being stupid, like myself, could you please elaborate on the finer details of the significance of the Pantera coil vs. others?

3) Where do you obtain the Pantera coils, and what was their cost?

4) With the advent of the TR-6 and options for CoP with LSx coils, what motivated you to hurdle through the various prerequisites in designing a system with the Pantera coils? What performance or end result were you hoping to achieve?

5) Have you become bored with all these questions yet? (hahah)

-Tyler

I work as an Aerospace test engineer and do this as a hobby. I design and create a 3D model and then create a 2D file to send out to a laser cutter. We can have stuff made reasonably cost effective this way if we stick with 2D features.

1) I see you have the stock fuel rails on there. Will this setup work with Champion rails? Possibly if you space up the brackets to clear. We know there are other applications that just won't bolt on as easy but we kept our work scope narrow and just wanted to get something that would fit a stock intake with stock rails easily.

2) For those of us who are willing to admit being stupid, like myself, could you please elaborate on the finer details of the significance of the Pantera coil vs. others? They are extremely powerful and will deliver a CDI like spark output vs a traditional inductive coil. Based on the price of these coils it would make no sense to use anything different.

3) Where do you obtain the Pantera coils, and what was their cost? I can get them, Bison can get them, or you can buy them from Holley, Merc Marine or AEM yourself and sure Summit or Jegs will have them. Of course a supporting vendor like Bison would be the preferred way to go. They are all made by Pantera EFI and just rebranded. I don't want to advertise cost but you can PM one of us and we can talk details.

4) With the advent of the TR-6 and options for CoP with LSx coils, what motivated you to hurdle through the various prerequisites in designing a system with the Pantera coils? What performance or end result were you hoping to achieve? This project was pushed by Bison and had challenged me to come up with a solution to use these coils knowing that I have already made a few mounting solutions for my XFI CNP. These coils were selected because of the intended end use of pump gas and alky and/or E85 and based on his input with conversations with a few other ignition experts this was the better solution. If you do some research these coils have develop a universal reputation for being the best CNP coil out there. If you look at the coil documentation that can be downloaded from AEM and Holley website, you will see just how powerful they really are.

5) Have you become bored with all these questions yet? (hahah). Don't mind intelligent questions from people that what to know.

It looks absolutely gorgeous.

I wonder how much benefit one could see if they were to, let's say, run methanol as their fuel instead of E85.

Is anyone in a street car running methanol like that at the moment? I imagine this setup would be a great candidate/showcase with a setup like that.

It looks absolutely gorgeous.

I wonder how much benefit one could see if they were to, let's say, run methanol as their fuel instead of E85.

Is anyone in a street car running methanol like that at the moment? I imagine this setup would be a great candidate/showcase with a setup like that.

Samballs is running these coils on E85 but with a Haltech ECU.
AG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the TR6 has a cover, you just don't attach the coilpack to it.

Bob

So since the coils are mounted over the valve covers instead of behind the plenum will you just screw on a cover over the TR6 module?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Yes just a plain cover that's included with the module. The only small issue is that you would need short breathers to clear the coils.
AG

how much are these if they are for sale?

PM Bison or myself. Pricing will depend on the individuals needs. We mount to the upper plenum but you would need a 1/2 plenum spacer to clear the fuel rail.
AG

hey turbobitt i see your a test engineer, been doing the same at Northrop Grumman for the last 11 years i test electrical and avionics systems.