You can type here any text you want

Peak and Hold Injectors (Low Imp)?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

darkfa8

- driving everywhere -
Was wondering whcih, if any of the following cars used peak and hold injectors?

86 Buick Century 3.8 FWD
86 Buick FWD (LeSabre, Park Avenue)
86 Olds Ciera 3.8/Cutlass Ciera
86 Olds FWD (Ninety-Eight)

By peak and hold I assume you mean low impedance injectors. Peak and hold is the name given to the driver ICs for low impedance injectors (they open the injector with a high "peak" current and then drop to a "hold" current).

The answer: none of the above. I am unaware of any GM port EFI application that used low impedance injectors..

Originally posted by KendallF
By peak and hold I assume you mean low impedance injectors. Peak and hold is the name given to the driver ICs for low impedance injectors (they open the injector with a high "peak" current and then drop to a "hold" current).

The answer: none of the above. I am unaware of any GM port EFI application that used low impedance injectors..

Turbo Sunbirds.
Used the 1227749 ecm.
You can see the difference in the wiring digrams for how the different injector drivers are wired up. ie compare the injector wiring from the syclone wiring of the 1227749 ecm to the Sunbird application.

I don't know for sure but the Quad 4s MAY have also had P+H, but in any case all are too small to be of much good in a 3.8.

Back