You can type here any text you want

Picture request QA1 front coil overs installed

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Just looking for a couple of pictures of ride height and installed QA1 coil-over setups.

I read that you should go with the big block springs. Any other suggestions with people that are running these?

Thanks!

I run the QA1 1450's big block spring my front ride height is 24" tall with 255/35/18 on 18x9.5 wheel with no rubbing issues you can look at it in the wheel section thread up top.

Very nice I went back and looked at it, heck I am even going to post it right here.

What do you have in the rear for lowering? The front will sit lower than I need it to go so I should have no issues with these then. Last question how is the ride being that low?

Thanks.

83785d1254768082-official-wheel-tire-picture-thread-show-em-off-pict0012.jpg

Rears are Napa Cargo springs, ride isn't bad at all handling is awsome, if you go to my cardomain site you can see it going thru turns at tail of the dragon
just look for xcessiv at cardomain GN's

I run the QA1 ecomomy coilovers and mine measures 23.8" from the ground to the highest part of the wheel well. It can go lower but it would be stupid low and scrape everything. It does have Howe taller lower ball joints on it as well. The handling with the coilovers combined with other parts is fantastic imo. BTW they are the big block springs
bellvillecarshow050.jpg

0103.jpg

Picture414.jpg

Picture417.jpg

Picture431.jpg

Coil Over Conversion...

I'm also looking into converting over to the QA1 Coil Over set-up. I have a couple questions for the guys running them...

Are you using stock spindles or drop spindles ?

Also, are you using taller ball joints top and bottom ?

What uppers and lower a-arms are you using ?

What range of adjustment do you have with the coil overs ?

Thanks in advance...John

I read that the big block springs have much better ride then the small block springs and to stay away from them.

I read xcessiv car domain page. He is using SPC uppers and BMR lowers with howe tall ball joints.

I ordered a set with the big block springs, I have spc uppers on the way and will order some bmr or umi lower control arms.

I'm also looking into converting over to the QA1 Coil Over set-up. I have a couple questions for the guys running them...

Are you using stock spindles or drop spindles ?

Also, are you using taller ball joints top and bottom ?

What uppers and lower a-arms are you using ?

What range of adjustment do you have with the coil overs ?

Thanks in advance...John

to answer the questions...
I am running stock spindles
tall ball joints only on the bottom
SPC uppers (i did run stock without a problem for a long time)
Stock lowers (the economy coilovers bolt right up to the stock location
I have no adjustment with the shocks only with the spring/height. I could probably get it down to about 22.5-22.8 bottoming out and raise it up to a 4x4 stance if need be.

The 450 lb springs ride great. I think it rides very nice and I did not notice a harsh ride or anything over my stock spring/bilstein setup.

I am running BMR upper and lower control arms with stock spindles I love the ride not bad at all and the handling is awsome:D

Sounds like you guys are "handling" guys which is awesome. I'm wondering how the 450 springs transfer weight in a drag race application. thoughts?

Sounds like you guys are "handling" guys which is awesome. I'm wondering how the 450 springs transfer weight in a drag race application. thoughts?

It's a nice compromise IMO. I don't yank the front end or
anything but did recently pull consistant 1.57-58 60fts

I read that the big block springs have much better ride then the small block springs and to stay away from them.

I read xcessiv car domain page. He is using SPC uppers and BMR lowers with howe tall ball joints.

I ordered a set with the big block springs, I have spc uppers on the way and will order some bmr or umi lower control arms.

What and where did you order from? Which big block springs fit our cars?

Dannyo

You can purchase these from jack cotton (supporting member) Summit racing also sells these. I am up in canada so I ordered them from a local performance shop that carries qa1.

These are coil overs so the springs all the same size just the springs are different rates.

Small block springs I belive are 350
Big block 450

Thanks JDSfastGN and xcessiv for the replies...This thread couldn't have come at a better time for me, as I'm getting ready to make some upgrades to my front suspension. You both have awesome cars with killer stances. The info should make my suspension project easier, looking forward to getting started...John

Back