Police Chase... Holy Sh!T

Justified or not justified - I'm glad they shot the dude. They should shoot ALL of these career criminal jerk wads. They do whatever they want, shoot, rob, steal, commit fraud, sell and do drugs - whatever they want. Then when they get caught, we put them in jail (which costs the tax payers something like 60k / year) which is nicer than where they live so what do they care. Then when they get out it is only a matter of time before they go back and start all over again. I know *******s like this. They play all summer long because it's nice outside, then come fall they do really stupid stuff so they can go on a 6mo. "vacation". We need to just shoot them. They will never become active members of society. I swear to God we need to elect a "common sense" branch of the government that can handle stuff like this:

"So mr Jones, in the last 10 years of your life you have been arrested for burglary, drug trafficking, possession, DUI, Autotheft, etc. and you still are an idiot...............your sentence is DEATH because obviously you are just a trouble and a burden to everyone else in society that is doing something with their lives. Goodbye."

"So your honor, we have arrested mr. Jones for Rape / Murder and we are about to go to court where we will display a video tape of Mr. Jones IN THE ACT of committing these crimes very clearly...........but we will be dismissing the case because the tape was acquired illegally".................."not so fast - fry the prisoner...we here at the "common sense" department realize that this tape was acquired illegally, but frankly we could care less because....well, here it is, and it does infact show Mr. Jones raping and killing someone......"

Just more bull****. Sorry for the rant.

Gotta stop them some how....I agree stop them before they kill or injure an innocent bystander. If it takes a bullet....So be it! Screw Em'!:eek:

the guy drove off with gun fire in his ear(which would have convinced me to stop as the cops were out for a kill,imo)..

The cops were not 'out for a kill'. They wanted him to stop. Most people are convinced to stop by the mere sight of flashing lights. This guy chose to drive around them and at times drive 100+ MPH toward them. Whether his intent at the beginning was to ram the police car or not is debatable, but there was no mistaking that the police officers wanted him to stop. He chose not to. At that point he became a victim only of his poor decision making. He continued to make poor decisions until lethal force was applied. It's really hard for me to have any sympathy for the guy.

Jim

In the utopia I have constructed in my mind this is exactly what happens to car thieves every time.

That video was totally awesome. Made you feel like you were in it. I think the criminal/speeder had a death wish and he totally provoked it.

"It's sad to go down in a blaze of glory but if that's what you know you're up against, then you put yourself and possibly other peoples lives in that position...."

I got that emailed a few days ago..

Ooohhh Gary is gonna like that one. Awesome.

I was gonna post it up but I felt it would start a big debate. I can honestly say there was no reason for that Officer to be on the hood of that car. He put himself in a real bad position from a tactical point of view. Shielding and distance is ur best friend when shots are being fired at you. Chicago has a policy that we can not stand in front of a moving vehicle and fire into it, no matter what the situation is. I do however like the fact that the Officer continued to fire until the threat was eliminated. That is the true definition of the use of deadly force, and not everyone agrees with it but it was the proper thing to do once U have made the decision to fire. I still cant get over the hood surfing though. Im sure if U ask that guy now he will tell U himself what a bad idea that was. Im sure the Offender was in fact firing at the Officers or at least raised a gun because if he didnt there would be big problems for that Officer and his department. One more thing, most of us agree that we think the Officer was right to chase the Offender for a stolen car, but would U still say that if the Offender T-Boned ur wife and kids in the family minivan killing everyone? They were going over 100mph at one point. If he terminates the chase, as soon as the Offender gets out of sight from the Officer, he will dump the car and the car gets recovered and returned to owner. No injuries, no property damage, everyone goes home safe. Eventually the Offender will get caught doing something else. Its just the way it is. That being said I did start a 13 minute car chase recently that ended with the offender running out of gas. No crashes no injuries, and over 64 cars involved! It looked like a scene from the blues brothers. A whole bunch of turns and we never got over 60 mph. That guy actually thought he could outdrive me!:D

amen .. The world would be more livable...

Justified or not justified - I'm glad they shot the dude. They should shoot ALL of these career criminal jerk wads. They do whatever they want, shoot, rob, steal, commit fraud, sell and do drugs - whatever they want. Then when they get caught, we put them in jail (which costs the tax payers something like 60k / year) which is nicer than where they live so what do they care. Then when they get out it is only a matter of time before they go back and start all over again. I know *******s like this. They play all summer long because it's nice outside, then come fall they do really stupid stuff so they can go on a 6mo. "vacation". We need to just shoot them. They will never become active members of society. I swear to God we need to elect a "common sense" branch of the government that can handle stuff like this:

"So mr Jones, in the last 10 years of your life you have been arrested for burglary, drug trafficking, possession, DUI, Autotheft, etc. and you still are an idiot...............your sentence is DEATH because obviously you are just a trouble and a burden to everyone else in society that is doing something with their lives. Goodbye."

"So your honor, we have arrested mr. Jones for Rape / Murder and we are about to go to court where we will display a video tape of Mr. Jones IN THE ACT of committing these crimes very clearly...........but we will be dismissing the case because the tape was acquired illegally".................."not so fast - fry the prisoner...we here at the "common sense" department realize that this tape was acquired illegally, but frankly we could care less because....well, here it is, and it does infact show Mr. Jones raping and killing someone......"

Just more bull****. Sorry for the rant.

except that the car comes back smash free and the a$$hole steps out first before his noggen get 'leaded' :)

In the utopia I have constructed in my mind this is exactly what happens to car thieves every time.

I like what you said, Brer and you're right about the officer on the car part. I think he pulled a terminator- lethal weapon- type of move, and it was dangerous for himself as well. I think most of the time adrenaline and risk comes with the job , but certain departments I imagine have rules that pertain to them.

One thing for sure is. I don't think there will be a trial for that guy, and he'll be back on the street speeding after that episode! :eek:
I'm sure other people thinking about stealing cars and acting wreckless may want to think twice about doing it in that town....

If that guy did pull a gun out on the officers involved in the chase, then the Officer on the hood of the car who performed the termination, deserves a medal in my opinion!! Good on him!

I was gonna post it up but I felt it would start a big debate. I can honestly say there was no reason for that Officer to be on the hood of that car. He put himself in a real bad position from a tactical point of view. Shielding and distance is ur best friend when shots are being fired at you. Chicago has a policy that we can not stand in front of a moving vehicle and fire into it, no matter what the situation is. I do however like the fact that the Officer continued to fire until the threat was eliminated. That is the true definition of the use of deadly force, and not everyone agrees with it but it was the proper thing to do once U have made the decision to fire. I still cant get over the hood surfing though. Im sure if U ask that guy now he will tell U himself what a bad idea that was. Im sure the Offender was in fact firing at the Officers or at least raised a gun because if he didnt there would be big problems for that Officer and his department. One more thing, most of us agree that we think the Officer was right to chase the Offender for a stolen car, but would U still say that if the Offender T-Boned ur wife and kids in the family minivan killing everyone? They were going over 100mph at one point. If he terminates the chase, as soon as the Offender gets out of sight from the Officer, he will dump the car and the car gets recovered and returned to owner. No injuries, no property damage, everyone goes home safe. Eventually the Offender will get caught doing something else. Its just the way it is. That being said I did start a 13 minute car chase recently that ended with the offender running out of gas. No crashes no injuries, and over 64 cars involved! It looked like a scene from the blues brothers. A whole bunch of turns and we never got over 60 mph. That guy actually thought he could outdrive me!:D

we will never really know what happends since we were not there.

deadly force is suppose to be the officers last resort, this cop could be in some deep ****zz, he put himself in danger by jumping on top of the car's hood,

There ya go. Good to hear from the other guy. Glad the passenger was not hurt.

Could that be one reason for the hood stunt maybe?? Clear line of fire, shooting from the driver side would've put the passenger in that line of fire.

good to hear. glad he wasnt bashing the police for there actions.

Could that be one reason for the hood stunt maybe?? Clear line of fire, shooting from the driver side would've put the passenger in that line of fire.
ya that definatly makes more sense,but you still wonder if the guy was holding a gun or not...still have not heard something about that,and that to me makes or breaks any reason to shoot,unless he really was trying to run over the officer,then i too think the guy needed a bullet,maybe in the stomach or something tho......o well spilled milk...