Police shown on tape handcuffing misbehaving 5-year-old

Where is my freedom to express my feelings or opinion?

Apparently not here.

If you are going to have the freedom of speech to say something like that you can take the repercussions that come with it.

If you watch the other 3 clips you can clearly see the girl is out of control. I wonder if she has a medical/mental issue. My daughter has epilesy and when she was young she would get like that before having a seizure for up to an hour. Very trying to deal with. Talking, hitting, timeouts, etc didn't work. Until she had her seizure she was out of control. Thankfully that has passed as she is an adult now. Obviously she need some real help. I don't think the school did anything wrong. The cops used zip ties on her not metal handcuffs (which probably would be too big anyway). They might have put them in front of her instead of in back. Other than that the did what they had to do protect her from herself.

Originally posted by sixgun86gn
Where is my freedom to express my feelings or opinion?

Apparently not here.

If you are going to have the freedom of speech to say something like that you can take the repercussions that come with it.

This is not gang up on you, so please do not feel that way. I already sent Broke1 a PM and ripped his ass apart ask him. I think the entire story has 2 sides and all should be able to voice their feelings. I just cannot have you guys ready to exchange phone numbers. That goes for AmyMP as well.

The fact remains that she needs some sort of help, and so do the parents.
I have to say that it broke my heart when she started crying; yeah she was acting like a spoiled little brat, but then I saw a scared little girl! I too have a daughter and although my daughter would never behave that way, just because it’s not her, I would not like my little girl in cuffs or even restrains for that ratter. All you guys with daughters, you know I’m right! I just hope to god that that little girl receives some sort of help. She’s still just a 5 yr old girl and there’s still a chance she could become a productive citizen and a good person, there’s always hope! JMO, I’m done with this thread, I have a video to make!

Re: Re: I disagree....

Re: I disagree....

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by artrenee10

And Im also a school teacher (7th Grade Language Arts)...

...Is this what we have came to?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by The Blob
LMAO

BLOB! :confused: I'm surprised at you. What's become of your attempts to be fair? I'm just...........at a loss. :(

Originally posted by GNflyby
The fact remains that she needs some sort of help, and so do the parents.
I have to say that it broke my heart when she started crying; yeah she was acting like a spoiled little brat, but then I saw a scared little girl! I too have a daughter and although my daughter would never behave that way, just because it’s not her, I would not like my little girl in cuffs or even restrains for that ratter. All you guys with daughters, you know I’m right! I just hope to god that that little girl receives some sort of help. She’s still just a 5 yr old girl and there’s still a chance she could become a productive citizen and a good person, there’s always hope! JMO, I’m done with this thread, I have a video to make!

Well, don't you worry about it. This looks like a case for Social Security disability payments for failure to communicate. What do you think it will take $500 a month? $1000 a month? And free drugs, too. I'm surprised her mother didn't already get the word.......in fact, I'd be surprised if she's not already getting this entitlement.

Go ahead, honey. Do whatever you want. Act as crazy as you want. It's alright.

Originally posted by Red Regal T
Well, don't you worry about it. This looks like a case for Social Security disability payments for failure to communicate. What do you think it will take $500 a month? $1000 a month? And free drugs, too. I'm surprised her mother didn't already get the word.......in fact, I'd be surprised if she's not already getting this entitlement.

Go ahead, honey. Do whatever you want. Act as crazy as you want. It's alright.

The thing that burns my ass is, the mother was to busy to run to school to deal with her child, yet she found the time to get a attorney less than 24 hours:(

I think you are taking this out of proportion

And then not leaving it in its perspective as well...............First off, Broke 1 is right, he said merely what I also initially thought at first. That yes, this is a FIVE YEAR OLD GIRL. Do I condone her acting out, no I don't, do I agree with her behavior, absolutely not, would I stomp my child six feet from the ground if he ever even entertained the THOUGHT of acting this way I sure as hell would. Would I agree with the police being called on, my child, YOUR CHILD, anyone's child who is not even able to ride anything but a bicycle with training wheels to be allowed to be put in handcuffs, NO I DON"T.

I don't blame her.......for merely not knowing right from wrong. That's why they are called children...ask me how I know:rolleyes:

I blame her mother for obviously not stomping her child six feet from the good earth when she had/has the opportunity to.

I blame her teachers for not being able to control A FIVE YEAR OLD GIRL. (God she was SOOOOOOOOOOO out of control correct?)

I blame the police officers for not having the good sense to not traumatize this child, to not have her believe that basically (and believe it or not this is far worse in the long run) that most white people are bad and will try to take her away from her mother if she a way that is uncontrollable (In her five year old mind)

This would have made the news regardless of the race also...
FACT

And finally I read some of your responses, most were intelligent, some relayed the to me (an african american man btw) just how you really feel about us.........

Let me guess, you have lots of black friends, or you know black people and their children don't act that way RIGHT????????

RIGHT!!!!!

Red Regal T-I'm as surprised at you as you are at BLOB

Steven J. Chambers IV

Originally posted by NJTurbo
The thing that burns my ass is, the mother was to busy to run to school to deal with her child, yet she found the time to get a attorney less than 24 hours:(

Good point.

I'm suprised none of our resident police officers haven't chimed in yet (or have they?)

That kid got what she deserved. Trust me folks.. it isn't the first time police have come into a school and 'remove' a child. It's just hitting the media, that's all.

Folks, unfortunately it is true that we're in a time that if we do so much as look at a kid cross-eyed we'll end up being hauled away for trying to handle our children. Laws meant to protect children from abusive parents has been blanketed to virtually any sort of interaction with children.

The school has a job to educate a child. The parents have a job to discipline and raise a child. The police have a job to protect and serve the public. Anytime a school calls the police it is taken very seriously and handled in such a manner. The school was trying to educate this child but couldn't because she was out of control, violent and abusive. The school's next course of action was correct to call the police to protect and serve. To protect and serve that child, the other children and the faculty and staff of that school. The police did their job. Had they not and that child decided to run away and get hit by a car the police would have been the first ones blamed. Read the last paragraph of this article...

http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2005/4/22/78949.html

Fairmount Elementary is the same school where Etraveon Johnson left the facility during class on April 12 and was hit by a car. He remains hospitalized in critical condition.

Re: I think you are taking this out of proportion

And finally I read some of your responses, most were intelligent, some relayed the to me (an african american man btw) just how you really feel about us.........

Let me guess, you have lots of black friends, or you know black people and their children don't act that way RIGHT????????

RIGHT!!!!!

**SIGH** OK, this one gave me a pretty good laugh. Out comes the race card.

I would like to ask (not attacking you) how you would have handled that situation to bring that student under control?? Also, do you know what efforts the teacher made to control that child in the classroom??

Please don't take those questions as attacks, they are honest questions.

Just a thought

But definitely not playing the race card...........and actually its kinda hard not to.......... you know being black and everything
(now that deserves a sigh)

How would I have handled that situation???
Better question is that situation never would have happened......
One word-PROACTIVE.........
If I waited for my kids to blow the proverbial gasket every day, we would have a police station stationed in the school itself.

The teachers LET the situation get out of control.....and at that point could no longer control the situation...therefore, reliquishing control of their classroom and school to people with guns!! The teacher missed the situation entirely especially when it started to rage out of control.....

Education, educator, right???

Glad it's not my kid.

Glad it's not a school that I teach at either....

Happy you got a laugh......

How's that teach in Germany thing working for you??

Let me fire that question back at you....as a fellow educator and all. What would you have done?

HMMMMMMMM

Let me know
Steve Chambers

Sorry Chris,

Thought you were someone else.........saw the Maryland tag under the avatar.
Ill be away from the cp til probably tomorrow but I will definitely check back in the morning (in other words don't want anyone to think I'm hiding)

As a black male teacher playing the race card with a child of my own and all.

Lots of reasons to disagree there.

Steve Chambers:confused:

The teachers LET the situation get out of control

Years ago you would have gotten a ruler on your ass. But like the police, you cannot do those things anymore or your are hit with lawsuits. So how can you control a UGLY situation when you are limited in what you can say and do anymore. Having a video in class? at that age should tell you enough.

I just feel that ALWAYS the parents or people responsible, in this case the parents pray on the aftermath. If they focused on the cause and the same effort was giving to raising there children with discipline and respect as finding a attorney, half these things would not happen in todays society.

Re: Just a thought

But definitely not playing the race card...........and actually its kinda hard not to.......... you know being black and everything
(now that deserves a sigh)

How would I have handled that situation???
Better question is that situation never would have happened......
One word-PROACTIVE.........
If I waited for my kids to blow the proverbial gasket every day, we would have a police station stationed in the school itself.

The teachers LET the situation get out of control.....and at that point could no longer control the situation...therefore, reliquishing control of their classroom and school to people with guns!! The teacher missed the situation entirely especially when it started to rage out of control.....

Education, educator, right???

Glad it's not my kid.

Glad it's not a school that I teach at either....

Happy you got a laugh......

How's that teach in Germany thing working for you??

Let me fire that question back at you....as a fellow educator and all. What would you have done?

HMMMMMMMM

Let me know
Steve Chambers

So you're saying that being black it's hard not to play the race card?? That's where my sigh and laugh came from.

As for teaching in Germany. I just finished my last semester and right now I'm working on relocating back to the states.

As for what I would have done. I don't have enough information about what happened before the camera started filming to say if the teacher didn't properly keep classroom managment. I still haven't seen the whole film. The fact that the child was in the APs office tells me that the teacher must have felt the child was too far out of control. Focusing entirely on one child in a classroom jeopardizes all of the other students safety and education. So, in short, I'm not going to be a Monday morning quarterback. I asked you what you would have done because you seem to think the teachers failed somehow and I wanted to know what you knew of the situation before the film started rolling.

Re: Sorry Chris,

Thought you were someone else.........saw the Maryland tag under the avatar.
Ill be away from the cp til probably tomorrow but I will definitely check back in the morning (in other words don't want anyone to think I'm hiding)

As a black male teacher playing the race card with a child of my own and all.

Lots of reasons to disagree there.

Steve Chambers:confused:

No, you have the same person.. I moved. :)

Having a video in class? at that age should tell you enough.

I'm not sure if I understand exactly what you're getting at, so if I misunderstand, I apologize. I think the video in the classroom was a good measure of CYA, especially when the child was in the APs office. However, just because the class was being filmed does not mean that it was being filmed because of unruly behavior. Teachers frequently use video cameras to film their lessons and use the film as a tool for self-evaluation/improvment.

This is not gang up on you, so please do not feel that way. I already sent Broke1 a PM and ripped his ass apart ask him. I think the entire story has 2 sides and all should be able to voice their feelings. I just cannot have you guys ready to exchange phone numbers. That goes for AmyMP as well.

understood.:cool:

Lemme start off by saying that I apologize for my earlier comment as it was grossly uncalled for....

With that being said,im sick and tired of police using excessive force and/or restraining the elderly and children.ESPECIALLY JUST BECAUSE THERE BLACK.Theyre helpless,its like some asshole whod mistreat an animal...

Im white,im from Alabama,and I dont like anyone.Im just calling it like I see it.JMHO