You can type here any text you want

Powder Coated Cast Iron Thermostat Housing (Highway Stars)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1KWIKSIX

Thinking that it would protect this from corrosion, I've powder coated a Cast Iron Thermostat housing from Highway Stars
Before I install it, can anyone confirm that the powder coating will withstand contact with hot glycol coolant (antifreeze)?

thanks

Dave

Attachments

• HighwayStars Thermostat Housing.jpg
    HighwayStars Thermostat Housing.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 134
Standard powder coating cure is typically 350-400F.

Checked with my local powder coater and he said A OK.
In the process of removing my old thermostat & installing new one, decided to install the HighwayStars T-Stat Housing as the Kirbans' unit that I removed showed the "0" ring to be flattened and distorted. Didn't know if Dennis offered replacement "O" rings for his Stainless Steel T-Stat housing, so in with the Powder Coated Unit & a new Hi Flow 180 T-Stat from Highway Stars.

The cast iron water neck is made by four seasons 84994 the rubber oring seals can be found at most auto part stores. Truthfully I would just shoot it down with spray paint Aluminum paint. It’s so hard to see just a part of it once installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too late, already had it powder coated a few years ago and has been sitting on the shelf waiting for an opportunity to install.
I installed it yesterday. :)

Test fit these Chinese water necks carefully. I had a few that were machined incorrectly and needed a little turn down in then lathe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back