Powered subwoofer question

here is my setup, cause i also wanted something light, but well heard. i was even able to just use the trunk shelf for my two amps and 12" kicker sub. the sub is shallow mount 12" kicker tcvt sub with an enclosure. i bought it for about $150 on ebay. it fits perfectly snug and doesnt even touch my 6x9s, i slit a piece of rubber tubing and wedged it to the top of both sides of the sub box, doesnt move at all.

also, if you want even lighter and dont want a sub , just get a good 4 channel amp with some good 6x9s to give you some kind of bass. my polk audio's gave some very nice bass by themselves. my car sounds awsome with 3.5 jl audios, and 5.25 jl audio coaxials and polk audio 6x9s. and i still retain the stock look without any kind of components.

2010-03-03172210.jpg

2010-03-03172234.jpg
That's a clean and simple setup. I like it. I'll bet it cranks to. What powers the speakers? How much does that Sub weigh?

"Sgrim" In your posting, you posted you might have a solution coming soon, did anything ever come of it?

IMO if your going to go with a sub box, band pass enclosures are hard to beat. Big bass with little power.

In my car I have 6x9'in the rear and factory style front dash speakers. Front's run of the head unit power. The 6x9's I hit with a true 200w. They rock pretty hard. Blackmonte can vouch.

The band pass box above would be a nice addition though.

Check out the JL Audio Micro sub. It is very small but it is not powered. You can use one of JL Audio's XD 300 amplifiers and the combo would still be smaller than most sub boxes alone. Sorry I don't have much experience with powered subs that I really feel confident enough to recommend. Here is a pic of the amp. You can see that it would fit easily onto the shelf of the trunk next to a microsub.
19388.jpg

Check out its scale next to the deck of playing cards.

I still say, for out-put and sound quality in a small LIGHT WEIGHT package, it's hard to beat the bazooka tubes.

I picked up "87NAT" Bozooka tube when he sold it on here, and now have it wired to an alpine amp and it rocks. But best of all you get all that awesome bass on the inside with very little sound on the outside, so you don't look like a thug cruising up and down the street. But even at low volumes the bazooka provides hard and clear bass. :cool: