Problem removing cam sensor

Omit what I said before, since I can now understand what you meant by the chain is high, and I would give Comp Cams a call about the chain and also the cam sprocket. Here is a picture of my replacement and if you can see the chain is fitted into the cam sprocket.
Picture 094A.jpg

Wow! Does it ever! Looks like they're barely engaging at the 9 ans 3 o'clock positions. I don't blame you for being concerned. Looks kinda like the teeth are too wide to completely seat between the chain links.

Wow! Does it ever! Looks like they're barely engaging at the 9 ans 3 o'clock positions. I don't blame you for being concerned. Looks kinda like the teeth are too wide to completely seat between the chain links.

I didn't get a chance to call, Comp Cams today I will tomorrow though. I spent the day cleaning and polishing and painting other parts. I would really like to get this all back together though.

I spoke with Alex at Comp Cams today. Sent them some pics. They are researching it. They do seem somewhat concerned though.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1395188374.802447.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1395188409.884310.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1395188546.918733.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1395188606.151606.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1395188694.501138.jpg

Let me know what you guys think. I am thinking of going to a different manufacturer.

Glad you called them and you might want to go with another manufacturer since Comp Cams R&D may take a while to find their problem.

I was going to go with the Elderbrock Performer 7829 DBL roller set, will I have problems with noise and the knock sensor on a mostly stock driver? This has been a very useful post but should I change the pan gasket and the rear mail oil seal and will I have to Jack the motor? This is on a 14k mile car, should I even be doing this.

I was going to go with the Elderbrock Performer 7829 DBL roller set, will I have problems with noise and the knock sensor on a mostly stock driver? This has been a very useful post but should I change the pan gasket and the rear mail oil seal and will I have to Jack the motor? This is on a 14k mile car, should I even be doing this.

The consensus seems to be to go with the stock replacement set. I have a mid/mild modded car and I like to run it at the track as often as I can. It runs low low 11's @ 125 boost 25#. I am changing out the timing set basically for preventative reasons. The only leak I had was ps valve cover. If your car has been well maintained and isn't leaking there is no way I would touch it.

So. After going around some with Comp Cams they agree there is a problem. They are sending out a new set to me. I guess we shall wait and see what the new one looks like. I know shit happens but as of now this is being a large inconvenience. I was hoping to have this car back together and running by now as I'm out of town for the next three weeks or more.

I wouldn't hold your breath. If the gear was truly riding high on the gear you would have never gotten the set installed. Plus Comp has a pretty established track record of having no idea how their parts work in real life out in the field. I have a feeling they still don't know their lifters are noisy.

There's actually a lot more to a gear tooth than a lot of people realize. Which make me kind of curious if the replacement set will sit closer with the gear to chain engagement. If so that would be working off of a different print.

I wouldn't hold your breath. If the gear was truly riding high on the gear you would have never gotten the set installed. Plus Comp has a pretty established track record of having no idea how their parts work in real life out in the field. I have a feeling they still don't know their lifters are noisy.

There's actually a lot more to a gear tooth than a lot of people realize. Which make me kind of curious if the replacement set will sit closer with the gear to chain engagement. If so that would be working off of a different print.

It seems to me that maybe they might have skipped the final machining process on the cam gear. The crank gear seemed ok. It was very difficult to get it together. I know this sounds weird but i could not get the cam gear bolts in with the gear on. They wanted to cross thread. I had to start the bolts first and then work the sprocket onto the cam. There was no slack in the chain whatsoever.

I also have a question about Loctite. I used Loctite blue installed the bolts, torqued them to spec. Several days later when I took it back apart once the bolts were broke lose I took them out by hand. Does that sound right?

I will find the answer soon now. CC is sending me a new set. Same PN. I kinda freaked on the guy when he told me he was going to charge me shipping. Wtf. I made him see my point of view. I also convinced him to email me a mailing label to send the original back to them. Other than that I must say there customer service was pretty good.

Did they say anything of their finding of why your chain look like that?
When you install your replacement, can you please post some pictures?

They have no idea. I asked them to make sure they check the replacement set before they send it. I am glad I noticed that it wasn't right. I'm pretty sure it would have probably done some serious damage to the motor. I would have been totally screwed then. I'll be sure to post up some pics when I put the new one on. This experience has confirmed that you really have to check and double check everything. Another reason I don't let anyone else touch my car.

They have no idea. I asked them to make sure they check the replacement set before they send it. I am glad I noticed that it wasn't right. I'm pretty sure it would have probably done some serious damage to the motor. I would have been totally screwed then. I'll be sure to post up some pics when I put the new one on. This experience has confirmed that you really have to check and double check everything. Another reason I don't let anyone else touch my car.
Amen to that!!!!!(y)