PS pump for hydro boost install

Does anyone have a quick sketch or explanation for how all these lines run between these components for those of us making the jump to hydroboost and the PSC reservoir?

Hydroboost
PSC Reservoir with no "T"
Power Steering Pump

I'm about to ditch my Powermaster.

Does anyone have a quick sketch or explanation for how all these lines run between these components for those of us making the jump to hydroboost and the PSC reservoir?

Hydroboost
Power Steering Pump

Here you go, if you have a fitting on the tank for the spitter #3 hose you don’t need the tee on the return hose #4

Attachments

• A065DD7C-490E-409B-B5BC-320369ED3AD0.jpeg
    A065DD7C-490E-409B-B5BC-320369ED3AD0.jpeg
    650.3 KB · Views: 150

Hydroboost
Power Steering Pump

Here you go, if you have a fitting on the tank for the spitter #3 hose you don’t need the tee on the return hose #4
Wow! Perfect. Thank you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

So, I drew this routing as sometimes I just need to see it this simply. Do I have this correct?

Also, here is everything I have ready to go. It sounds like some of these push on hose and clamp ends from the stock setup (gravity feed from PSC to pump and steering box to PSC) are going to need some push-in-to-AN fittings in order to mate with the PSC.

Anything else I'm missing?

Attachments

• HB-PSC Routing.jpg
    HB-PSC Routing.jpg
    729.7 KB · Views: 139
  • HB Kit.jpg
    HB Kit.jpg
    728.5 KB · Views: 138
Unless I am mistaken you have a HB unit with no accumulator... might want to rethink that. If you are going to drive this on the street the unit with an accumulator is good back up if you throw the belt. Just something to consider.

Unless I am mistaken you have a HB unit with no accumulator... might want to rethink that. If you are going to drive this on the street the unit with an accumulator is good back up if you throw the belt. Just something to consider.
I have and will continue to consider that. It was a cost factor at the time but I'm learning that saving a few bucks on something for these cars usually just ends up with me doing the job a second time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

So, I drew this routing as sometimes I just need to see it this simply. Do I have this correct?

Also, here is everything I have ready to go. It sounds like some of these push on hose and clamp ends from the stock setup (gravity feed from PSC to pump and steering box to PSC) are going to need some push-in-to-AN fittings in order to mate with the PSC.

Anything else I'm missing?
I think your diagram is correct. I got my PSC today. That thing is pretty impressive. Google Fragola fittings. I have a fragola dealer near me. Going to show him the PSC tomorrow and will probably just let him install the new reservoir next week. Will need new hoses cut to length when I eliminate the "T".

The stock 84 and early 85 tr as well as the diesels run like that. Ive run this setup for years on my 87. I also have several trucks with the setup with the reservoir. Never had a problem with the 84 I had or the 87, but have thrown a belt on our suburban(tensioner broke) and that reserve ain't much. You might get a pump or two of power assist. It isn't like you loose brakes, you just don't have power brakes. When was the last time you threw a serpentine belt?

Next fun thing is the cast iron proportioning valve. That is way worse than no power brakes when the rears lock up and such.

I have not throw a belt but I have only had my GN for a bit over a year... I prefer to keep,it that way.

I did know that if you throw a belt the brakes still work. Just trying to make sure he was aware of the difference.

For comparison, the new Bosch unit I installed is good for 3 full pumps of the brakes. I tested it after I finished the install.

Got mine installed yesterday. The shop didn't use the Chinese fittings that came with the reservoir. It's Fragola all the way. Happy with the install but the brake pedal still is a little slow to come up.

Attachments

• IMG_20180816_153856475.jpg
    IMG_20180816_153856475.jpg
    999.9 KB · Views: 129
Got mine installed yesterday. The shop didn't use the Chinese fittings that came with the reservoir. It's Fragola all the way. Happy with the install but the brake pedal still is a little slow to come up.

Attachments

• IMG_20180816_153904129.jpg
    IMG_20180816_153904129.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 92
From my brief experience with my own HydroBoost install, the brake pedal will be slower than my previous vacuum system.

From my brief experience with my own HydroBoost install, the brake pedal will be slower than my previous vacuum system.

How do you like your HydroBoost system versus the vacuum?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very little driving time as I'm in the throws of fixing a power steering fluid leak. However seat of the pants feel is much much better braking!

Very little driving time as I'm in the throws of fixing a power steering fluid leak. However seat of the pants feel is much much better braking!

That's good to hear as I just ripped out a vacuum system that never felt quite right to me and dropped some cash on a Hydratech system and PSC reservoir that I'm in the midst of installing!

I have been thinking of doing the Hydroboost. I am using the vacuum booster brakes at this point after the original power master tried to kill me. I get a better PS pump to do the system right. What style would I look for? I went on Sweet MFG. site and had no idea what I was looking for. I want to go with the external Reservoir.
Thanks for any input.
Ben

No need to buy a new pump... send your current pump to Lee Steering... that is what I did. Tell them what you are doing and he can set up they want you need it. Quick service and very resonable in my opinion.