PTE 6262 Journal Bearing

now I can see yr sig. Couldnt remember.
Hey Brian,

Running 25 lbs boost currently, I don't like the car as much with lower boost level, hard to turn the boost down, once it's cranked up........ for some reason. I'm sure the converter will be fine, car is waiting in line for a opening at the Tranny shop, Michael's going to investigate/correct the 2-3 flair, and modify for the non-lock going in.

Chuck

Hey Brian,

Running 25 lbs boost currently, I don't like the car as much with lower boost level, hard to turn the boost down, once it's cranked up........ for some reason. I'm sure the converter will be fine, car is waiting in line for a opening at the Tranny shop, Michael's going to investigate/correct the 2-3 flair, and modify for the non-lock going in.

Chuck
The compressor wants to move between 65 and 75lbs/min of air. Im not sure the turbine wants to flow more than about 65lbs/min. Your probably around 58-60lbs/min@25psi on that combo. I cant say for sure because i never ran a 6262 that hard. That leaves a pretty narrow window where both are working together and everything is happy. When you increase mass flow through the engine via rpm/head flow the boost will drop for the same mass flow so it will appear that it is better controlled. In reality the compressor is still working as hard. Imo you should be running about 30psi with that compressor on that combo. Maybe even a little more. Id try to keep the rpm between 5000 and 5600. One thing thats good is if you were to change heads and cam you could easily have the turbine swapped out and have another 150hp on tap at less boost pressure and the 17 blade will still work.

The compressor wants to move between 65 and 75lbs/min of air. Im not sure the turbine wants to flow more than about 65lbs/min. Your probably around 58-60lbs/min@25psi on that combo. I cant say for sure because i never ran a 6262 that hard. That leaves a pretty narrow window where both are working together and everything is happy. When you increase mass flow through the engine via rpm/head flow the boost will drop for the same mass flow so it will appear that it is better controlled. In reality the compressor is still working as hard. Imo you should be running about 30psi with that compressor on that combo. Maybe even a little more. Id try to keep the rpm between 5000 and 5600. One thing thats good is if you were to change heads and cam you could easily have the turbine swapped out and have another 150hp on tap at less boost pressure and the 17 blade will still work.

Hey Brian, in order to net the 150hp he would have on tap with a turbine swap, what would be the next cam, head, turbo selection in mind? I know this makes Chuck feel all fuzzy inside to know he has reserve power! :p I know it makes me feel that way.

87WE4BOOSTED said:
Hey Brian, in order to net the 150hp he would have on tap with a turbine swap, what would be the next cam, head, turbo selection in mind? I know this makes Chuck feel all fuzzy inside to know he has reserve power! :p I know it makes me feel that way.

I'd do heads and turbine before I did cam but cam could complement it if the $ are there. None of it is really cheap except the turbine swap. The 6265 combo I dynoed last December was one of the quickest spooling combos ive ever seen that made about 700whp. I probably was out of compressor but the engine was only 9:1 and slightly over cammed for that turbo. It made 9sec power with the first hit I gave it. The heads and cam selection/timing were working really well there. The cylinder fill was really good from 5300-6000 and it likely flowed 78-80lbs/min. That's alot of flow out of a small compressor. I've got something new that no one has really seen that should work as least as well as that turbo did. Just waiting to get the numbers before I post about it. the low lift flow on the aftermarket heads is very superior to any iron head and can net a bunch of power in the right situation.

The 6265 combo I dynoed last December was one of the quickest spooling combos ive ever seen that made about 700whp.

Brian, do you think the 6265 BB w/.63 PTE spooled faster than the T-6665 P-trim (smaller Tnetics ex. housing) if everything is close to equal as far as setup? I see you dynoed both turbo's before.
I had the journal 6262 for a short time. That is why I am asking... Joe

I don't have a comparison with a tnetics 6665 bb. Never had them on the same engine. The 6265 I had was a journal and it spooled very fast on that combo. Probably as fast or faster than a tnetics 6665bb would but I don't know for sure. The t66 wheel Is fairly heavy and doesn't work well at high pressure ratios if the engine can flow over 70lbs/min. Same for the cea 62 wheel. It was a little better at high pressure ratios but started making heat around 75lbs/min

This may not be relevant, but I wanted to post up about board member "Grey Racer" and his 6262 turbo . This is a full weight (spare tire, tools, and jack in the trunk), daily driver that never sees race gas. Earlier in the week, Louie Lopez drove the car while I "street tuned" the XFI and setup the XFI boost control. Louie's butt dyno indicated a high 10 second pass :) Grey Racer picked it up the next day and drove it two hours home. Anxious to see what it would run, he took it to the track a couple days later. Without any test launches, he cleaned the tires off and launched softly (too softly) and ran a 10.54@129.11 at 22psi on pump gas w/alky. Since he didn't expect it to go that fast and he doesn't have any safety equipment besides a helmet, he parked it before he could improve his 60'. I plan on putting a backpressure guage on the car and start sneaking up on the boost. I would love to see how far we could go with slicks, but am worried about the stock axles, etc...

This may not be relevant, but I wanted to post up about board member "Grey Racer" and his 6262 turbo . This is a full weight (spare tire, tools, and jack in the trunk), daily driver that never sees race gas. Earlier in the week, Louie Lopez drove the car while I "street tuned" the XFI and setup the XFI boost control. Louie's butt dyno indicated a high 10 second pass :) Grey Racer picked it up the next day and drove it two hours home. Anxious to see what it would run, he took it to the track a couple days later. Without any test launches, he cleaned the tires off and launched softly (too softly) and ran a 10.54@129.11 at 22psi on pump gas w/alky. Since he didn't expect it to go that fast and he doesn't have any safety equipment besides a helmet, he parked it before he could improve his 60'. I plan on putting a backpressure guage on the car and start sneaking up on the boost. I would love to see how far we could go with slicks, but am worried about the stock axles, etc...

That makes me very curious to see how it will run on Holly's car! =)

HighPSI said:

132-133mph should be doable. This proves a lot of guys are running way more turbo than they need.

Can you give the engine mods for Grey Racer's car?

That makes me very curious to see how it will run on Holly's car! =)

That's the plan, John. 122mph with the 5857 wasn't enough :D

132-133mph should be doable. This proves a lot of guys are running way more turbo than they need.

I run into this every day when customers call wanting me to spec them out a turbo. Quite a few just need to get the car dialed in with the turbo they already have.

Thanks Cal! I keep telling people that 6262 is a sneaky little unit. They better have a good trans and converter though. It has killed one local one and I expect another on to be in serious trouble when it leaves my garage next week!

This is grey racers signature:

86 GN.... XFI, PT6262BB, oiling syst, PTC 10in 2800 stall, 84lb inj, reds XP pump, w/caspers hotwire, airbags, MT 275/60/15, duel nozzle Razors alky, PTE stretched IC, some susp. mods, 3"TH type DP, 2.5"dual exh....daily driver, cold A/C !
New best time...11.65 @ 114, 60ft 1.56

Looks like it needs an updated time, also looks like stock long block unless he has made some changes. Makes me really interested to see my dyno results next Friday.

Just learned that Cal posted on here.....
Yeah, I was quite surprised with the run even tho it felt fast, I certainly didn't think it was a 10.5.
Launched at 3 lbs boost and had a 60ft 1.54 so didn't think the et would be that quick.
Anyway, the change is a 250 stroker motor built by Bobby at RPE and a CK billet pro street/strip tranny. All else is the same as my sig.
The weather was about 75 degrees and usually my gn doesn't like warm weather, but it really was haulin the mail that night.....so I'm not complaining :D
Looking forward to getting to the track again.....