Pump gas/Alky Mellissa bumps it up!! 9.94!!!!

Congrats Melissa nice job..........nice ot meet Grumpy and way to go Russ Ole Boy:D

Congrats. There's some guys that make it happen and some that don't. You know where you guys and Melissa stand....Awesome...:D

oh almost forgot .. met a lot of you guys :eek: .. I probably came off as a nice guy but I have to tell ya I was on medications so don't believe the "first impression" thing :p

I was thrilled to finally see the car run in person... actually ran against it in your 10.0 pass.

Great gob Melissa, Dan & Russ!

Dan's definitely not lying with the street car stuff... I was at the front gate this morning and Dan and Melissa came driving in... probably one of the quietest, unassuming looking TR's there.

Russ... thanks for letting me bug you on Friday... I ended up running a couple of 12.20's.

Eric

Your welcome and glad to meet ya Eric.

That's some pretty impressive stuff Grump and Melissa!!!!!!!
Care to share any trade secrets, like Tire size and pressure, launch and WOT boost and gears?

Again, congrats!!!!!

hahahahahahaha...only .4 tenths away !!!! now that is funny :biggrin: OR is this a woulda, coulda, shoulda :confused: :p
:biggrin: yeah it is pretty funny! I've got ALOT of room left in boost to be able to pick up 4 tenths! And you know that! You should set her car up to handle on a auto-x course THEN see if you can still run those numbers!! I've said before and i'll say it again "I'M GETTING THERE!" and the last time to the local track was a 7.0 @ 100 the next time was 6.76 @ 104. on 24lbs Thats a pretty good jump if you ask me! I'm sorry Grumpy, Don't be confused! I was just saying what it will take to run your times. kinda like a goal for me! :biggrin: Your my hero!! :biggrin:

That car is flying. Are you still on the single in tank? I doubt any brand X'rs will believe those numbers. A lot of TR guys wouldnt even believe them if they didnt check this board. Nice work.

That car is flying. Are you still on the single in tank? I doubt any brand X'rs will believe those numbers. A lot of TR guys wouldnt even believe them if they didnt check this board. Nice work.

Single in tank 340. I won't say anything on the tune up except...... You'd be shocked if you knew and you probably wouldn't believe that either..... :)

:biggrin: yeah it is pretty funny! I've got ALOT of room left in boost to be able to pick up 4 tenths! And you know that! You should set her car up to handle on a auto-x course THEN see if you can still run those numbers!! I've said before and i'll say it again "I'M GETTING THERE!" and the last time to the local track was a 7.0 @ 100 the next time was 6.76 @ 104. on 24lbs Thats a pretty good jump if you ask me! I'm sorry Grumpy, Don't be confused! I was just saying what it will take to run your times. kinda like a goal for me! :biggrin: Your my hero!! :biggrin:

ummmm "thinking and getting" tenths are not as easy as you may think :eek: Guess ya have to let the car do the talking .. singing and dancing doesn't count :p Like I like to say "show me" :p hmmmmm...if it IS that easy why haven't you done it yet ???? auto-crossing ??? whatever floats your boat ... making that many turns would make me throw up :eek: :p

Whats the plan now Dan? You guys gonna haul out the cage and get a 10pt, or just leave it at this level? Congrats again, I know you guys busted your arse to get her there. The beauty is there is more left. Very impressive.

excellent questions!!!! hallucinating now as I type.. I really think putting in a 10 pt cage may take the "street car" out of the equation :( unless we can tuck the bars tight by the dash ... Then ya have to remember the "safety" factor.. 138 mph is flyin.. Do we really want her goin over 140 mph with a little "pushing" ??? :confused: anything bad happening at that speed is goin to be ugly :eek: don't care about the car BUT have to keep her safe :biggrin: while we are "thinking" we just dragged the Mazda back in the driveway so it can wait for it's motor back :eek: :biggrin:

Attachments

• MazdaWOODS.JPG
    MazdaWOODS.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 349
That's some pretty impressive stuff Grump and Melissa!!!!!!!
Care to share any trade secrets, like Tire size and pressure, launch and WOT boost and gears?

Again, congrats!!!!!

I just asked Melissa and she forgot with all the excitement :p

Grumpy, I think you, Melissa and Russ are gonna be the cause of a lot of broken motors. :cool:

Grumpy, I think you, Melissa and Russ are gonna be the cause of a lot of broken motors. :cool:

well a lot of people asked about the build up on the car .. Ill do one in another thread.. EVERYONE has "growing pains" :p If you have knock it will get ugly very fast :eek: This wasn't a walk in the park .. Russ and I have countless hours in this car "tweaking" ... goal is NO knock ... did I say make sure ya have NO KNOCK :biggrin:

You mean you had to tune that car? I thought the magic camshaft did it. Ok so what are you bringing to Reynolds?

Single in tank 340. I won't say anything on the tune up except...... You'd be shocked if you knew and you probably wouldn't believe that either..... :)
Id believe it. Theres no doubt our throwing in a lot of methanol. Id estimate that you are feeding 175-200hp with the methanol itself.