Pump gas/Alky Mellissa bumps it up!! 9.94!!!!

She works in the tower on the weekends......

87Nat, that was the best response in this post!!

87Nat is right, but it's like why we study history in school.... We do it to not make other peoples mistakes. If there is something we can do and it may lead us towards similar results then fine...... if not... then you try something different. At this current time, we need all the help we can get... I remember in the past if you ran 13.00 you were fast... Now with all the ls1 and other cars if you run 10.00 your decent... so I'd like all the help I can get... So that's why we ask for combo's and figures.... l

Sam

Your at the top of the list.......You'll thank me when you sell your car with the engine still intact!! Did you already buy the iridium plugs? Was I too late?
Sorry, Not likely! It's real obvious that they have had ALOT of help from you and your products like a loaner trans and converter to get there! This is resembling the Dick Kerney record setter= ALOT of help from people and loaners from other company's. The differance being here Russ is; Like the Normal people on this board with hourly jobs and supporting a wife and two young kids and a mortgage payment usually isn't so fortunate to have the help like some have to achive these goals that give them the "look at what we've done" special attention. I guess It just goes to show what a few people, money and companys can do when they help each other out with there new products to reach a goal. I have a single car garage, on a tight budget with a wife and two young boys working 40-80hrs a week to support and find time to get my car where it is today( In GMHTP & PHR magazines) I'm proud to have a full weight 3700+lb car set up NOT to dragrace but to Autocross with ALOT of room left in it and be as close as it is to Mellisa's car is not too bad! Go ahead and keep cracking your little childish smart remarks & comebacks! Obviously your secret is in what has been asked for and your excuse of people blowing their engines up is a cop out just to keep it quiet. The real challenge would be to let everyone know and see if you can still stay ahead!!! ;) I wish you all the luck with the new bullet for 08', I'm sure it will be better than the one in it now. I'll stop kicking the dead horse!!

87Nat is right, but it's like why we study history in school.... We do it to not make other peoples mistakes. If there is something we can do and it may lead us towards similar results then fine...... if not... then you try something different. At this current time, we need all the help we can get... I remember in the past if you ran 13.00 you were fast... Now with all the ls1 and other cars if you run 10.00 your decent... so I'd like all the help I can get... So that's why we ask for combo's and figures.... l

Sam
Pefectly worded!! Exactly! :biggrin:

Easy guys....

I don't think anything was ever intended to piss anyone off....

I have met Grumpy, Russ, and Melissa..... they seem like good people. The fact that the car is stupidly simple... and it works....keeps people asking..... how?

I think Russ.... and Dan... take pride in these times that they ran... and if they did divulge the tips and tricks.... it would likely be so simple and mundane... that people wouldn't believe it.... thinking they were filling them with BS....so they elect to just let the car do the talking....that's all....

Back under my rock,:eek:

Easy guys....

I don't think anything was ever intended to piss anyone off....

I have met Grumpy, Russ, and Melissa..... they seem like good people. The fact that the car is stupidly simple... and it works....keeps people asking..... how?

I think Russ.... and Dan... take pride in these times that they ran... and if they did divulge the tips and tricks.... it would likely be so simple and mundane... that people wouldn't believe it.... thinking they were filling them with BS....so they elect to just let the car do the talking....that's all....

Back under my rock,:eek:

Okay, then I'd like to know the so simple and mundane tricks... Since it's so unbelievably easy... Make me a believer. :biggrin: I want to kick my self in the butt for making it so hard for myself!

Okay, then I'd like to know the so simple and mundane tricks... Since it's so unbelievably easy... Make me a believer. :biggrin: I want to kick my self in the butt for making it so hard for myself!

Never said anything about easy.... just that the combo was simple....

Come to Renyolds.... Dan might let you look under the hood.... and even take a peek inside....

If it were easy... everyone would run 9's...... why bother with slow ass 10's and 11's?

Sorry, Not likely! It's real obvious that they have had ALOT of help from you and your products like a loaner trans and converter to get there! This is resembling the Dick Kerney record setter= ALOT of help from people and loaners from other company's. The differance being here Russ is; Like the Normal people on this board with hourly jobs and supporting a wife and two young kids and a mortgage payment usually isn't so fortunate to have the help like some have to achive these goals that give them the "look at what we've done" special attention. I guess It just goes to show what a few people, money and companys can do when they help each other out with there new products to reach a goal. I have a single car garage, on a tight budget with a wife and two young boys working 40-80hrs a week to support and find time to get my car where it is today( In GMHTP & PHR magazines) I'm proud to have a full weight 3700+lb car set up NOT to dragrace but to Autocross with ALOT of room left in it and be as close as it is to Mellisa's car is not too bad! Go ahead and keep cracking your little childish smart remarks & comebacks! Obviously your secret is in what has been asked for and your excuse of people blowing their engines up is a cop out just to keep it quiet. The real challenge would be to let everyone know and see if you can still stay ahead!!! ;) I wish you all the luck with the new bullet for 08', I'm sure it will be better than the one in it now. I'll stop kicking the dead horse!!

Dude, your wrong! She bought it all last winter when we came up with this plan!! Paid in full!! I donated nothing!!

I met you at a BBQ joint in BG, I was with Kerney and Zimmerman..... You were pretty **** faced braggin about how you went 11 somthin with your giant autocross set up.......... I was just havin fun with ya cause your GUNNIN for us....... :D

And your gettin all worked up..........Where's the Michigan Mafia? :D

Never said anything about easy.... just that the combo was simple....

Come to Renyolds.... Dan might let you look under the hood.... and even take a peek inside....

If it were easy... everyone would run 9's...... why bother with slow ass 10's and 11's?

To get some insight from someone that knows and hopefully get some test proven guidance, it would be worth for me to go... Unfortunately the fact I work 85-90 hrs a week doesn't let me!

Oh.. and it is easy to run 9 or even 8's... it just cost money,time and dedication....

talk about beating a dead horse ... stop talking out your ass .. or as the expression goes "put up or shut up":rolleyes: now as far as "loaner" parts ...THEY ARE MINE .. I HAVE HAD A LOT OF CARS !!! I prob still have 20 BRF trannys , 15 motors , a stage 2 that was goin in my TTA but decided against it so now its sitting on an engine stand .. why do I have all this junk ??? BECAUSE I CAN :p IF you can't afford your car then sell it and stop whining :eek: If your goin to "bring it on" THEN DO IT!!! otherwise why don't ya just skip posting here on this thread. :rolleyes:

The teachers get paid......:)

Okay then how much is it going to cost me!!!! I'll pay!!! Nothing is free in this life!!! But I want detailed instructions . . . . . And I won't hold you responsible for what happens! That sounds fair right???? What's it going to cost!!!! Send me a PM with your email and cost and if it's worth it to me, I'll paypal ya some money!

To get some insight from someone that knows and hopefully get some test proven guidance, it would be worth for me to go... Unfortunately the fact I work 85-90 hrs a week doesn't let me!

Oh.. and it is easy to run 9 or even 8's... it just cost money,time and dedication....

Almost everyone must either be broke.... have no time..... or are not dedicated.....

I can honestly say I fit 2 of those three pretty good.

ok to save people a trip to Reynolds here is what the engine looks like .. guess I will start another thread with the combo in the car .. simple simple simple...tuning ??? nope!! :p ya have to have some fun !!:biggrin: oh ya "Optima" battery's rule :cool:

Attachments

• Meleng907.JPG
    Meleng907.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 258
  • Meleng907a.JPG
    Meleng907a.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 262
ok to save people a trip to Reynolds here is what the engine looks like .. guess I will start another thread with the combo in the car .. simple simple simple...tuning ??? nope!! :p ya have to have some fun !!:biggrin: oh ya "Optima" battery's rule :cool:

Hey Dan... shut up about the optima batteries.... you'll have everyone going to get one ..... along with those damn splitfires....

:biggrin:

Almost everyone must either be broke.... have no time..... or are not dedicated.....

hahahaha.. I worked on these cars as a job from 1988/2002ish...really never had the time to do a lot of my own stuff .. to busy making other people go faster.. I was a dedicated slob :p ..... now I can do whatever I want and when I want ... just as long as my wife lets me :eek:

The fact is that it is a well scienced out combo with a package of parts that work well together.Nothing trick or exotic.
Why should Russ give everyone the details on the tune up ,etc. He has worked very hard and spent countless hours to get this car to where it is. Remember, he makes his living doing this it's not just his hobby. Believe me he ain't getting rich doing it and He also has a mortgage and bills to pay.
If you want to have the exact combo and have it perform just as well,but don't want to put forth the effort to figure it out for yourself then pony up the $$ and have him build the car for you. If not then you should be prepared to put in the time and effort that it takes to reach this level.
I can't think of any professionals in any business that would be willing to give out there secrets for free. Andy

I fit the categories perfectly!!!! It's like they say in racing.... He with deeper pockets usually wins!!!

Let me get this right....
I need splitfires, Optima battery and alchy. Right? Joking:biggrin:

Guys, remember these setups don't run this good overnight. It takes lots of tuning, learning, little luck, and it helps to listen/know the right people. I have 80+ passes on my car this year trying to get it right. BTW my car is a street car, stock suspension with ATR bar and a bunch of used junk on a very tight budget. I just use c16 b/c I can't afford alchy yet:mad:

Again, congrats on the times. Hope to see it down at Reynolds (need to save some money for gas to get down there:eek: )

The fact is that it is a well scienced out combo with a package of parts that work well together.Nothing trick or exotic.
Why should Russ give everyone the details on the tune up ,etc. He has worked very hard and spent countless hours to get this car to where it is. Remember, he makes his living doing this it's not just his hobby. Believe me he ain't getting rich doing it and He also has a mortgage and bills to pay.
If you want to have the exact combo and have it perform just as well,but don't want to put forth the effort to figure it out for yourself then pony up the $$ and have him build the car for you. If not then you should be prepared to put in the time and effort that it takes to reach this level.
I can't think of any professionals in any business that would be willing to give out there secrets for free. Andy

Well, then. . . .I guess Russ would have no problem with making easy money... He doesn't have to work on my car... Doesn't have to get dirty.. doesn't have to worry about me blaming him for blowing up my car ect..... I said I would pay for the info!!!