Race Fuel ?

For years, we religiously ran VP C-16. But with it's price now soaring above $21 a gallon here locally, a lot of people are converting to alky with a booster, or E-85. I currently run Shell 93 with 1 can of VP Octanium on my car with alky and it's done just fine. However, there will come a point where higher octane with my tuning will be needed.

Leaded race gas, here's my list.
- VP C-16
- Torco 116
- Rocket brand 116
- Sunoco 114
- Sunoco 110

The highest hp v6's in the country, typically run C-16 or the oxygenated Q-16, if they race in a class that requires gasoline fuel.

Octane boosters:
- Boostane
- Octanium
- Torco

Torco being the harshest of the 3 on leaving deposits on your plugs and O2 sensor.
You can buy VP Octanium at all Autozone stores.

https://www.autozone.com/fuel-and-e...-fuels-octanium-octane-concentrate/696920_0_0
https://vpracingfuels.com/product/octanium/

When I ran pure C-16 on a stock engine combo, I ran the OEM replacement Bosch O2. It would live for about 3 full tanks before I started to see it slow down / degrade. A heated O2 will give you a little bit of extra time, but not worth the extra price IMO.

Unleaded race gas is the 3rd option:
- VP-109
- Rocket brand 110
- Sunoco 100

The biggest advantage of leaded race gas / highest octane, is the ability to run very high boost levels (35-40psi) with high timing and hardly ever seeing knock retard. You gotta be careful though when you run the lower grade leaded race gas, as your tune will vary. IE: going from C-16 to say Sunoco 110 / 114.

-Patrick-

Great info!

Boostane & Octanium are also available from Amazon. I can order Octanium from Amazon with free shipping & it arrives at my home for a bit less than buying from Autozone with sales tax. I called my local Autozone a few weeks ago. I was told they didn't have Octanium in stock & couldn't order it either. Must have reached the FNG, because they now say they've always had it in stock. :confused: Oh well. Good to know that it is available.

Just get Alkycontrol from Julio. $600 and done. Methanol is cheap and a few gallons might last you years if you don't get on it all that much. I remember back in the day when 116 was just $7 a gallon, yeah well, drain the tank, fill with race gas, race, drain the tank, drive home with jugs of gas. Eff all that. Alky and a PTC NLU were the best mods ever. If you handed me another bone stock GN/T, it'd get alky control, TT chip, fuel pump, regulator and a converter and slicks. 12's easy and one tune, all the time....

89455406-1286-43F2-A891-59E4E5D5BEB4.jpeg
AB82AAC0-198A-4860-83B4-C18D49329C42.jpeg
A2F6BBA5-EBD8-4005-BDF4-7F438575E2A8.jpeg
Took a drive out to torco today a little ways out in the desert by some chemical plants
Pretty cool to see a Huey in a nearby parking lot

$163.23 for 2
5 gallon pairs of 116

Tim, they still have ethanol there? Was told they did at one point I think he said he had e98 I could get..

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk