Raleigh Area and Surrounding

There looks like 5-6 people from here coming, so you may want to tell them approx. 20+ people.

What's the easiest way to get there from Lowe's Motor Speedway area??

K.

I played some e-mail tag with him yesterday and he won't be able to make it this time. I don't think Benoit is going to be there either.

Thanks Kman & check your mail bud. I can't make it this time Richie, but I may have someone pick them up. I'll figure something out & call you today. Thanks.

Called TGI Fridays, they don't take reservations but said they will be prepped. I told them a group of 10-20, will see who shows. :) I will be there a little after 1, looking forward to meeting all of you. :)

Originally posted by slider252
Called TGI Fridays, they don't take reservations but said they will be prepped. I told them a group of 10-20, will see who shows. :) I will be there a little after 1, looking forward to meeting all of you. :)

I remember a few years ago I did the same thing at Rafferty's here in Charlotte. I told them approx. 20 people and they actually had an area set aside for us. Well... 50+ people showed up and we pretty much took over the restaurant for an hour or two. :eek: It was pretty funny when you saw the look on their faces when more and more of us kept showing up!!:D

And then there was the police chase through the parking lot... on foot...

K.

I CAN'T DO THIS WEEKEND, HAD TO FLY UP TO N.J. FOR A FUNERAL, I WILL NOT BE BACK TO N.C UNTIL SUNDAY. HAVE FUN, I'LL BE THERE NEXT TIME.

Clint & Richie be on the lookout for Indy Chris in the grey '87 T. He'll be with Keith, Steve, & the Charlotte posse & he'll have the crossover. He knows to get the axles & headers from you guys. Thanks to all my peeps!

For folks coming from Charlotte, take I-85 North to Greensboro where you will merge with I-40 East. I can't remeber the exit number, but a few miles after you pass Burlington, I-85 & I-40 will split. Take I-40 East. The exit you want will be #289 which is Wade Ave. It's actually more of a split - pass I-540, pass the RDU airport, look for (I think) exit #287, Harrison Ave. You will pass Harrison Ave and there will be four eastbound lanes. the two left lanes are for I-40, the right two lanes will be for exit #289. You will take Wade Ave (more of a "feeder" expressway) To I-440. I can't think of what the sign says, but you will pass signs for the "fairgrounds" and then you will see it (an overpass over Wade Ave) ahead of you. The sign will probably say something like I-440 north, maybe "inner beltline" (not sure exactly) but there will be two exits. One before the overpass, and then one immediately after. You want the second one. You will go under the bridge, and then cloverleaf around to your right up to I-440.

You will stay on I-440, pass Lake Boone Trail, Glenwood Ave and Six Forks Rd. As soon as you pass Six Forks Rd, you will want to be in the right lane, because you want the next exit - Old Wake Forest Rd. It will open into three lanes and come to a traffic light. I want to say you can turn left from any three lanes, but to be sure - be in either the left lane or the middle lane. This will put you on old wake forest Rd. You will pass a Denny's on your left, a hospital on your right, some office building on both sides, and then you will see a gas station on your left, as well as Wendy's, all at a traffic light (can't think of the name of the cross street) TGIF will be about 1/8 mile on your left. Might be alittle tricky getting into that parking lot. If the road makes a big curve to the left, and you see Hooters on your right, you missed it.

Hey Greg: did you still want to meet up somewhere and go either together or follow each other? Sharif has been in"invisible mode" past few days so haven't been able to talk him out of his car

Originally posted by kh440
Hey Greg: did you still want to meet up somewhere and go either together or follow each other? Sharif has been in"invisible mode" past few days so haven't been able to talk him out of his car

I chatted with him yesterday. I'm going to drop by Eastgate BP @ 11am (if I don't oversleep - I get off work at 6am) He told me he couldn't get out of work...

Final note to Charlotte folks:For maps, I use www.mapquest.com

Watch your streets and your landmarks. If you get lost, call me on my Cel Phone: (919)740-4756 and tell me where you are. I'll either tell you which way you need to go, or come find ya! See you guys there!

Hey everyone I'll be stopping by but the baby sitter cancelled so I won't be able to stay long.

Ben I got your voice mail today I hope everything is alright and I'll catch you when you get back.

Meet and greet @ raleigh

Hey Guys/Gals

I would like to thank everybody for coming out today. Had a very good time meeting everybody and seeing all the nice rides.

It would be nice to be able to get everybody together like that more often. besides going to the race track

Ditto, was good to meet everyone. I have missed the sound of a turbo Buick, has been way too long. Will definitely have to do that again sometime soon. :)

next time I will not be riding in a "LOUD RACE CAR" though, my right ear is still ringing!:D next time it will have to take place in Charlotte.

meet and greet

Originally posted by TurboIndian
next time I will not be riding in a "LOUD RACE CAR" though, my right ear is still ringing!:D next time it will have to take place in Charlotte.

That will be kewl with me if everybody can agree on that

Turbo Buicks coming to a big city near you !

Its always about you isn't it Steve...:D
I figure the next meeting needs to be in Hickory so that we can drag some fellow buicks down from out of the mountains. Charlotte guys came come straight up 321 and be there in no time...

I would agree that the locations need to be moved around a bit for everybody. Any suggestions????