Raleigh Area and Surrounding

Originally posted by kh440
so we're still looking for the 12th around 1-ish??

At TGIF's on Old Wake Forest Rd?

Looking at the calendar (fingers crossed) I might be able to make this one. Wanna convoy from Chapel Hill?

Yes, TGI's on Wake Forest. I won't have the T from the painter's by then but I'd like to convoy, just don't be surprised what I may be driving. I'll talk to Sharif and see what his schedule is as well.

Theres suposed to be a get together at Chargrill on Sunday the 6th around 11am. Some of the guys on the HPJ list are getting together. Afterwards they are heading to the track at Fayeteville for a little test and tune. If anyone is interested.

Originally posted by Fasstcars
Theres suposed to be a get together at Chargrill on Sunday the 6th around 11am. Some of the guys on the HPJ list are getting together. Afterwards they are heading to the track at Fayeteville for a little test and tune. If anyone is interested.

Guess who has to work on sunday the 6th!!! :mad: :( :mad: :( (boy can't wait till I can get hired someplace better):D

FEB 6TH

STEVE,

IF YOUR GOING TO HEAD DOWN TO FAYETTEVILLE THIS WEEKEND LET ME KNOW, I'D LIKE TO MEET YOU OUT THERE. IT'S ONLY 5 MILES FROM MY HOUSE. I NEED TO GET OUT THAT WAY TO SEE WHAT KIND OF CARS RUN OUT THERE. I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THERE IS AN OVER ABUNDANCE OF IMPORT RICERS, I MEAN RACERS AROUND HERE.

Look like I may be able to come out on the 12th. I got someone to cover me for a few hours. :) Hope the weather is good that day.

Sunday I am planning on going to Chargrill and then to the track. My wife is off so I should be free.

I'm also still free on the 12th but like I said earlier I think I would have to stick to later in the day.

Ben Email me your phone number and I can give you a call.

Steve

I'll keep track of this thread, but when the final details are set in stone please let me know. There are a few of us wanting to come up from the Charlotte area with our cars.

GHall, You gonna make it?

K.

just thinking - if this is going to be a daytime/lunch event, I propose to meet at the Char-Grill on atlantic ave.

Reasons - Char-Grill is more of an "outdoor" burger joint. (found their website at http://www.chargrillusa.com/ ) Others have mentioned that car clubs meet at this location fairly regularly in the summer. It is only 2-3 miles from TGIF (Char-grill #3 @ 4617 Atlantic Ave, Raleigh NC) see http://www.mapquest.com/maps/main.adp and enter above address for detailed maps.

TGIF has already been spoken for, so unless everyone agrees on Char-grill, plan on TGIF.

All In favor?

All Opposed?

Feb 12th @ 1pm!:cool:

I think the details are final except for the time.

Feb 12th at TGI Fridays at either 1 or 7. The problem that I've seen with doing it earlier is that it looks like some of the people can't make it...me included. As Gary said during the day would be nice to see the cars but retail never sleeps so my wife works most Saturdays until 5:00.

Grr, you guys are worse then chicks, can't make up your mind. :)
Ok TGI Fridays , the 12th, and I have someone covering work for me from 1-4. I thought the earlier time was agreed since there would be more light to check out cars and stuff? Was i wrong? OK, official RSVP on who intends to show up on Sat and what time works best, time will the most RSVPs wins. :)

Professor Plum with the wrench in the....... wait a minute, wrong story.

TGIF, Feb 12th, 1pm with the Buick weather permitting....
Gary:cool:

That was my understanding as well. 02-12-05,1-ish. Benoit are you still planning on coming?

I like the idea of Char-grill, so let's do this: After the 12th somebody will update this thread or post a new one for location and time. End of the week post formal poll and majority rules.....

Oh just to further complicate things: Anybody got a good date for another Jordan Lake get-together?????

I think if we do it around 1:00'ish that would be best.

And if we have as good a turn-out as it looks like we will, there will still be plenty of us hang'n around later in the afternoon for those that get a late start due to work, family, etc.

No-one says we have to put a finish time on the gathering. Heck, those of us that are driving from the Charlotte area aren't looking to hang out for an hour or two just to turn around and drive back home.

How long does it take to get there from Charlotte? Does anyone know about construction/traffic delays along the way?

K.

Jordan Lake seems to be better left for warmer seasons. From past experience, once a year also seems to bring out the most people. As tricky and advance planning can be for me, late June - early Aug would be better for me. Any dates that you can think of off-hand?

-Greg

Originally posted by NCTURBOS
How long does it take to get there from Charlotte? Does anyone know about construction/traffic delays along the way?

K.

Last time I drove it, there shouldn't be any construction delays on this end. I seem to recall I85 being fairly tore-up down near Concord. I40 near Chapel Hill use to be pretty bad, but construction there is finished now.

Mapquest estimates 171 miles in 2hrs, 48min, but that would vary depending on where you start and where you end.

Last time I went down to Mike McCoy's it took just over 2 1/2 hours and that was not breaking the speed limit (too much). I-485 around Charlotte is open and the 40-85 merger is no longer in the middle of Greensboro so that helps a lot. Last time at the lake was around memorial day and we got a monster of a storm. (still a pretty good time though) Just food for thought......