Raleigh Area and Surrounding

My .02 worth---I would like to see the gathering at Char-Grill because it sounds like there we can stay with our cars, like we can at a McDonalds or Wendy's. I hate to leave my car in the parking lot and then go inside a restaurant to eat and not be able to keep an eye on the car. This is what I would have to do at TGIF.

I WOULD HAVE TO VOTE FOR AROUND ONE O'CLOCK. THE OTHER LOVE OF MY LIFE (BESIDES MY CAR) PULLED THE ACE OF HEARTS FROM HER SLEEVE. YOU KNOW THAT WHOLE VALENTINES DAY THING. I CAN COME EARLY, HOWEVER I WILL NEED TO LEAVE SOMEWHAT EARLY. ALSO, McCOY WAS ASKING ABOUT WHEN AND WHERE, I'M TRYING TO GET HIM TO DRIVE UP. I'LL BRING THE CAMERA, SEE YA NEXT WEEK.

Last time I went down to Mike McCoy's it took just over 2 1/2 hours and that was not breaking the speed limit (too much).

Good lord you drive slow. I got there in under 2 hrs towing 2 cars!

Too bad I won't be able to make the get together. It is my my weekend to work. Maybe next time.

Originally posted by seeyabye
[

Good lord you drive slow. I got there in under 2 hrs towing 2 cars!

. [/B]

yeah yeah yeah, you also made it to Maryland and back in what 6 hours?? next time we'll time you to Hahtfuhd you re-tahd.....:D

Well that leaves me out. I can't make it that early. Gary I will still try to hook up with you were ever the meet is. Same with you Ben. Still going to Chargrill this Sunday and then to the track if anyone is interetsed.

RE Lets Eat and Greet

hey guys

So the plans are for Tgif on wake forest rd in raleigh at around 1 o clock .

I'm gonna try and get the peidmont gang together. cheryl, Sam, mike, paul and myself .

i really hope it just rains between now and then to get the salt off the road. and have nice weather for our meet and greet.

Originally posted by seeyabye
Too bad I won't be able to make the get together. It is my my weekend to work. Maybe next time.

You can't see if you can switch that one day for another day with one of your other co-workers?

I'd wager that if you don't switch, you will sit on your butt the entire day and not lift a finger, and wish that you had come to Raleigh. But then again, you never know. You might end up hearing the next day how un-godly busy it was. Well, if you don't come, maybe you'll let Kevin bring your car so you can be there in spirit? (Or I can take your car b/c god knows it's in better shape than mine...)

Originally posted by ncgreg231
You can't see if you can switch that one day for another day with one of your other co-workers?

I'd wager that if you don't switch, you will sit on your butt the entire day and not lift a finger, and wish that you had come to Raleigh. But then again, you never know. You might end up hearing the next day how un-godly busy it was. Well, if you don't come, maybe you'll let Kevin bring your car so you can be there in spirit? (Or I can take your car b/c god knows it's in better shape than mine...)

yeah Sharif that sounds like GREAT idea. You'll be getting mine back fairly soon anyway. How 'bout it??????:D

Late March (like the 19th) or Mid-April(after AutoFair) for Jordan Lake. Any earlier in the year than that and we'll need Greg to bring our master firestarter Anastasia. Even though it was cold as crap that day we STILL had a good turnout considering! And the roaring fire in the fireplace was awesome.

Originally posted by NCTyphoon
Late March (like the 19th) or Mid-April(after AutoFair) for Jordan Lake. Any earlier in the year than that and we'll need Greg to bring our master firestarter Anastasia. Even though it was cold as crap that day we STILL had a good turnout considering! And the roaring fire in the fireplace was awesome.

No July/Aug dates? If I get a wild hair to go jump in a lake, I don't want it to be freezing...:D

Hmm, we had started out talking about Raleigh, and at this point, we are drifting over to Jordan Lake!!!

But's it's all good b/c we are kicking the crepe out of the "VA area bs thread"!!!:D :D

A trip to Jordon lake would be cool....but I think that would have to be a summer trip definately. Jordon lake is cool in the spring.

Originally posted by TurboIndian
looks like both slowgreys' will be there !! thanx to Turbo Indian:D

SlowGray & I blame you completely!!!!!!!!!

Good luck getting your turbo back...:D

K.

like I told you last night I have a sawzall. cut the header, cut the down pipe, the feed & return line, should take me about a whole 5 min. ;)

Originally posted by Fasstcars
So was the final decision TGIF @ 1?

That's the plans I'm going on. If it changes someone has to let us know!!

K.

Originally posted by Fasstcars
So was the final decision TGIF @ 1?

Looks like it from the poll, unless there is an overwhelming landslide for another place in the next day or two. I'd say TGI Fridays is it.

Just wanted to make sure nothing had changed....I have a sitter lined up so I'll be there.

I just thought about something

Here's an Idea... (Kind of a blinding glimpse of the obvious) one of you local guys need to call the mgr of the tgif to let them know that we will be stopping by like 10-15 or so people that way we can all sit together. If someone has already done this then nevermind the post but I was just thinking that this would be a good idea if someone called ahead as a reminder that we will be stopping by as a group at 1pm. Just a thought... :) :D