Random Questions

That's what I was thinking..that some disassembly may be required. I don't really mind as I need to check the turbo's condition and look over the top of the motor somewhat.

Regardless, it's going to sit for a few weeks; I'll probably have more stupid questions at some point.

That's what I was thinking..that some disassembly may be required. I don't really mind as I need to check the turbo's condition and look over the top of the motor somewhat.

Regardless, it's going to sit for a few weeks; I'll probably have more stupid questions at some point.

got any pics??? i love the 83's!

Has anyone tried to install a digital instrument cluster to any of the carbed cars out there?? just curious.

Here's a semi-serious question for you guys: how the heck do you change plugs on these carbed turbo cars?
For me back when I was still running a drawthru I never had to remove anything to get to all 6 spark plugs. All you need is two 6" or one 12" and one 3" 3/8 drive extensions and a 3/8 drive universal (Matco's don't bind)and your spark plug socket of course, I could get to all the driver side plugs with just the 3" extension with plug socket and the passenger side Use the longer extensions and the universal on your spark plug socket.

Here's a semi-serious question for you guys: how the heck do you change plugs on these carbed turbo cars?

I bought an 83 T-type yesterday. Motor condition unknown; the car's been sitting a while. I will probably turn it over, put some oil down the cylinders, and see if it will run..

I have to say though, looking at that rat's nest of exhaust plumbing, hoses, and vacuum lines is enough to make me tempted to yank the whole thing out. ;)

The best way to get to the plugs on the passenger side is to go underneath if you can. you might also have to take off the up/down pipes if possible.

The best way to get to the plugs on the passenger side is to go underneath if you can. you might also have to take off the up/down pipes if possible.

Really? You guys have to dismantle all that to get to them? You all must have Gorilla arms and hands:biggrin:

Upgrade the whole carb for E85 for your best performance, MPG's will be bad. The series 1,2,3 3800 (L67) Eaton supercharger will fit the series 1,2,3 3800 NA (L32) engines, BUT the internals are different from the supercharged L67 and the compression ratio is higher on the L32.

How high of compression? Is it too high to use a supercharger with?

why do you want a supercharger?

remember one thing with the EATONS.

while it is a good supercharger, they were never meant for wet flow.

Gasoline will destroy the insides over time. not over night, but over time.

A.j.

why do you want a supercharger?

remember one thing with the EATONS.

while it is a good supercharger, they were never meant for wet flow.

Gasoline will destroy the insides over time. not over night, but over time.

A.j.

Well I have been thinking about getting a Firebird/Camaro with a 3800 for a DD, but I want some power out of it too. I have thought about getting a S/C 3800 from a Buick and getting a trans from a FB/Camaro and putting it in the Regal, but I have no money, no garage and no time:( So its just another pipe dream:rolleyes:

Having a problem here... after driving around and the car warms up, it starts to sputter and backfires out the carb, it blows the air filter hose right off the carb hat:eek: Its has a lot of water coming out of the exhaust and oil is leaking someplace behind the motor... so I`m thinking it might be the intake gasket. Once it warms up while driving and I get up to speed it runs fine, but it wont accelerate for crap:mad: I know its not the head gaskets(just replaced them) and I don`t think its the timing... it runs fine till it gets warn:confused:

Water is coming out of the exhaust? How much water?

The back firing may be a timing issue and not intake gasket.

Not a lot of water, but my driveway has train tracks from the exhaust:biggrin: Maybe oil idk... Ill post a pic tomorrow. I will have to adjust the timing... again:rolleyes: and see if it helps any. 15 degrees is TDC right?

15-18 degrees timing, but remember to take the ESC out of the picture if you're using the CCC system.

Disconnect the vacuum line to the distributor, put the car in gear, and adjust the idle to 600 RPM first. Then set the timing and re-check everything. You may have to do it more than once so get it right.