Random Questions

Carbon soot and water vapor!
All is good, you would have 8-10 times that amount if it were a major water head gasket leak, plus your crankcase oil would look milky somtimes.

That`s what I thought, but I figured I`d ask... it hasn't spit out that much since the last head gasket incident. It smokes more than usual when I hammer on the gas too. I made a vid of it, but my computer is being a pos... movie maker keeps crashing:mad:

Anyone else in FL?
78 buick regal turbo manifold

jase you know how you put the 84/85 hot side on draw thru turbo; you have to balance those blades now that you took it apart.just so you know.
building turbo has more to it than meets the eye.

jase you know how you put the 84/85 hot side on draw thru turbo; you have to balance those blades now that you took it apart.just so you know.
building turbo has more to it than meets the eye.

I never changed the hot side, just put the whole turbo on the draw-thru cold side and changed the pipes.

Click on the link and then go to his store Jase. He's got quite a few cams and one duplicates the Edel cam. He's even got one that quite a bit bigger that I've been thinking about getting.

I never changed the hot side, just put the whole turbo on the draw-thru cold side and changed the pipes.

any time you take apart the turbo you need to balance it.( unless you marked its position and used all the same rotating stuff .) G-Pop Shop :: Turbo Balancing
you dont want that turbo to blow up on your engine do you?:confused:
dont worry i know a guy who can do it for $35 plus return shipping. just trying to save you a turbo/ engine. i have been building my 301 and have learned alot. as i said before there is more than meets the eye.

any time you take apart the turbo you need to balance it.( unless you marked its position and used all the same rotating stuff .) G-Pop Shop :: Turbo Balancing
you dont want that turbo to blow up on your engine do you?:confused:
dont worry i know a guy who can do it for $35 plus return shipping. just trying to save you a turbo/ engine. i have been building my 301 and have learned alot. as i said before there is more than meets the eye.

Cool... do they rebuild turbos too?

Oh ok... why that one? Is the one I was looking at too big?

You need to do some research about turbos and function to understand Jase. The draw through design as it came from the factory works better if you load the exhaust. That's why the 204/214 cam works so well. Getting to big a cam will also cause issues like slow spool up. You really don't need that big a cam in these engines to make some serious power, just the right one.:biggrin:

You need to do some research about turbos and function to understand Jase. The draw through design as it came from the factory works better if you load the exhaust. That's why the 204/214 cam works so well. Getting to big a cam will also cause issues like slow spool up. You really don't need that big a cam in these engines to make some serious power, just the right one.:biggrin:

Ok, that`s exactly why I asked... still trying to learn all the little details:biggrin: