re installing complete ac system into 87t---question on one plug

GBGN1

stroked
Everything is installed. c516 in the pic is a four wire plug . These wires go to the back of the Compressor? There a harness that plugs into this and wraps around the engine compartment? Im just missing something.

Attachments

• search.jpg
    search.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 118
Need a larger pic of the diagram. I just took one out to restore yesterday and have all the wires/vacuum hoses in front of me.

Hope this is bigger. Doing on my phone. If you have a pic of the wire harness that plus into c516 that would help out a ton! 4 wire , square end. I think it plugs into another harness and goes to compressor .

I just looked at the one I took apart and the 1:1 scale model right next to it, and I don't see that connector. It might be different on for the El Camino. I bet it is since the compressor is on passenger side in the NA G-bodies.

The drawing above is for VIN A and VIN Y engines not our VIN 7 cars. VIN 7 doesn't use this connector. Is the harness above something you intend to use for your T or is it something you had left over and just wondering about?

I've picked up the whole ac box / wiring and installed it. I just didn't remember the last harness I messed with. I want to use the harness . Just didn't know if there's more to it. Yes it's a na wiring harness . Just want everything to work correctly. Thanks

The plug in the far left is C497. The LT Blu in that connector goes from the A/C Cutout Relay to the Pressure Cycling Switch, the Red Wire comes from Fusible Link A at the starter and supplies power to the Blower Motor Relay for the high fan setting. I have posted some diagrams for the turbo and the NA engines that might help.

upload_2014-8-6_7-8-53.png

upload_2014-8-6_7-23-12.png

upload_2014-8-6_7-23-32.png

upload_2014-8-6_7-24-23.png

upload_2014-8-6_7-25-9.png

upload_2014-8-6_7-26-9.png

Attachments

• upload_2014-8-6_7-24-44.png
    upload_2014-8-6_7-24-44.png
    200 KB · Views: 62
Thanks a lot for the diagrams- When I messed with it last I noticed that high on the fan doesnt work-was thinking its the relay. But maybe the plug Im identifing needs power and ground there for High speed.

Thanks a lot for the diagrams- When I messed with it last I noticed that high on the fan doesnt work-was thinking its the relay. But maybe the plug Im identifing needs power and ground there for High speed.

If you don't have c497 connected you wont have the high side power for the blower. The Ground is part of the harness and in the picture above is right next to the purple wire. If you have Lo, M1, and M2 at the blower motor now your ground is fine.

If you don't have c497 connected you wont have the high side power for the blower. The Ground is part of the harness and in the picture above is right next to the purple wire. If you have Lo, M1, and M2 at the blower motor now your ground is fine.

That plug is the same as the c516 just different harness. I added Voltage and ground . Walla I had High speed fan. Other two wires have to be for the A/c cutout. there are 2 light green that make up the rest of the harness. Thanks again!