Real world power in turbo 6's?

liv4gnz

ok as most of you know or seen my trans am for sale, it has 393 rwhp and 383 rwt

nowas far as track times sim nooto cooncerned but top end this car really pulls hard, i raced my friend last night in a srt4 with about 300 rwhp but about a thousand punds lighter and we are neck and neck like dead even

what im trying to get at is in the grand natitonal and such if i have 400 hp eventually in it will it pull like the same becase for some reason i just think its more of a track car with those times,

my ttrans am runs like 13.2.
but yet no slicks spinning down the track

now if i put sliks id proobabaly be runngin low twelves

now the gn if i pull up to my car on the street is it still going to pull as hard as like cammed 350 ls1 with say the sme horsepower

or is it more likely track times

im just trying to get this thought out ofo my head thahtt they are more for the tracktimes as in less power but better power band for the track and better 60 foots, than as if my car weich cant get traction for **** btu is a beast oin the highway will they equel outu or will the 10 second gn still have more power to overcome the trans am

??
im just trying to make theh right choicce on letting my car go for someting that i know i cana maake alot more power out of and thhats going too be a upgrade in performance not slower

can some one please enligihten me ha

These cars are not top end monsters, if you want a car to race from a roll don't get one. These cars hook hard and put people away early but on stock heads and full 3500+lbs they are not freeway racers.

These cars can be fast on the highway:D

Like Brent said above, my car will spin the small 275 dr's on the highway around 70. It pulls hard up to the unsafe speeds. My car can go 0-142 in 9.6 seconds, I would imagine 60-142 would be around 6 seconds.

Hahaha, I was refering to buicks of a lesser level then your two examples. My car tuned poorly runs 12.0's which is fairly quick, and in my experience not much can keep up from a stop on the streets but from a roll on the highway it gets ugly. A prime example of this. 2007 Viper, I put him away hard from a stop but out on the highway it was just as bad for me. Those things trap 10mph higher then me running the same et.

thats what im ttrying to get at liike my ls1 is basically all top end got her to 160, staren at it everyday made me had too ohah but like from ma roll or even on the highway where the car iis going to be raced 99.9999 of theh time im gonna get raped? what about brake boosting while driving, how fast am i goioing to have to put down to really take cars from a roll and not just stopped

If you race on the highway just manually drop it in 3rd and floor it from there. You can also brake boost to enhance spoolup. For instance my brother in his stock block and heads 87 GN with full boltons and similar mods as me walked my other bros 02 T/A WS6 from a 70 roll with me sitting shotgun in the GN he has a mild cam, stock LS6 heads, accufab throttlebody, air lid, UD pulley, and catback with stock headers and a handheld tuner so he should be at about 370ish to the wheels(6speed). My bros 87 was on 20lbs of boost!!!

Just keep your car other car... just from this post I can tell that you're just going to trash a perfectly good GN.

Oh and these cars are not a fun ride over 130... You are going to have to do a **** ton of work to get these cars to do what you have just talked about in this post... Keep your LS1, spray the hell out of it, and call it a day.

Oh and everything is EXPENSIVE AS HELL for these cars...

Wow--about half-way thru this initial post I got my worst headache in a long time...Sorry I cannot finish or interpret it...:frown: Good luck...

so that means these cars are useless over 120 mph as in they dont moove?

and that means these cars are only quick off the line?

im starting ttoo oget to theh cocnclusion that they are slowoer than everyone thinks as far as youu guys are making it.

everyone on here says they are like extremely fast and like easy to omod and makes alot of power but for wat? a track time weich isnt goiing to help you when yo race from a roll?

soo doiing 60 mph and yo flooor it your saying its nott going to move compared to a manual N/A car weich caan just romp it and go am i still gonna be sitting there wiatting for turbo lag??

Just keep your car other car... just from this post I can tell that you're just going to trash a perfectly good GN.rs

and as far as that ill do whatever the **** i want with any car i buy thank you money is not the problem as well idk what you do for a liiving but i can afford it.

i really donott need your negative inpt on a car ive been wanting for a long time but this is just really turning me off from people like you.

any other suggestions beforoe i go blow up a gnx for thhe hell of it?