Rear sway bar

Really? I was thinking the last Blazer bar I put on didnt cause me any problems with the brake lines on the GN. I dont know, I must have just made something work.

There has to be a place to get a set of U bolts with the bump out for the brake lines. They are not exactly rocket science engineering, just simple U bolts. Have you looked into Hotchkis U bolts or any other brand? I know i've installed them with the bump outs but I cannot think of which brand off the top of my head.

Either way, maybe a stock style bar would work best for your application so you dont have to worrry about the brake lines.

Edit: Looking at Hotchkis and DSE, they both use simple U bolts as well.

You can't put a "bump" in it Jeremy. The way it clamps it would either be a weak spot or try and straighten out the bump crushing the line.

You can't put a "bump" in it Jeremy. The way it clamps it would either be a weak spot or try and straighten out the bump crushing the line.

Charlie, there are plenty of manufacturers that offer "bumped" U bolts for Pro Touring style bars. Look at HR's website, they offer them as well.

Yes you can and that is what we done to mine, Very simple, very easy to do and you honestly will never even notice it was done..

The exact same way it is done from the factory on 3rd and 4th Gen F-bodies. They actually use a flattened u-bolt to make the fitment under the brake line even easier.

Hey hey! Look at what showed up this afternoon...

I guess I will start the install sometime this week and start driving this bitch. :eek: Never Enough Auto really came through at a great price and I didn't get dinged at the door with customs or brokerage either. I am impressed.

Attachments

• pic 008sm.jpg
    pic 008sm.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 904
If you're not running either boxed arms or aftermarket then leave them in. They will stiffen the arms slightly.

I just got the Hellwig #55809 for $179 shipped. It looks like the sway bar end links are a little on the long side at 5.5 inches center to center screwed all the way in. It doesn't really say in the instructions, but at what angle should the front of the bar be? I am thinking parallel to the frame or ground? I dont know if it really matters or not but just thought I would ask, since I haven't started the install yet.

I did cut 2 inches off the endlinks. For those wondering, it will clear a TA rear end cover. Nice piece and good instructions as well.

Anyone want to buy an ATR bar?

Attachments

• Hellwig.jpg
    Hellwig.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 750
I did cut 2 inches off the endlinks. For those wondering, it will clear a TA rear end cover. Nice piece and good instructions as well.

Anyone want to buy an ATR bar?

Yes,
I am looking for an ATR rear sway bar. Let me know what you want for it.

ATR Bar

Yes...I was looking for an ATR bar...and asked you way back on page 2, I believe....but I never got a response.

Please email me the price of the bar w/ shipping to 10305

I can paypal asap.

thanks
Chris

ATR Bar

Sorry Joestuffy...I think I actually asked another guy about selling the bar, and it was on page 3.

Anyways...still very interested in the bar. Email me at quik87gn@aol.com

thanks, and my apologies for any confusion. I knew I asked someone about selling the ATR bar.

I just got the Hellwig #55809 for $179 shipped. It looks like the sway bar end links are a little on the long side at 5.5 inches center to center screwed all the way in. It doesn't really say in the instructions, but at what angle should the front of the bar be? I am thinking parallel to the frame or ground? I dont know if it really matters or not but just thought I would ask, since I haven't started the install yet.

Normally when a swaybar is perfectly flat you want the endlink mounts to be parallel with the centreline of the bar.

However, because the Hellwig bar has a downward dip built into it where it goes around the pumpkin you need to split the difference between the centreline of the dip and endlink mounting point. For that reason I have a slight tilt in my bar.

The overall impact (rate) this will have on anyone's car is probably negligible.

Clearly I just finished installing mine too. ;) I had to cut 2.5" out of my endlinks because of my car's ride height. Other than that it was a pretty easy install...

I set mine to full tight/rate and it really seems to dealt with the body roll/compression issue I was having without it (or any swaybar) in place. The car feels very well poised in long sweeping on and off camber corners as well.

I just fitted the Helwig bar. Really nice piece for just $164.00.
My 86 GN now feels much smoother and tighter thru the turns. Makes the factory bar redundant as the new bar connects the axle to the chassis, not the LCAs.