You can type here any text you want

Request for a new Sub Forum (Attention Shane and Jay)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

John Wilde

I'm getting too old for this $#!%
Staff member
Guys,

I know that these cars are known and loved for the LC2 power plant but with how heads up racing has evolved the v6 motor can't keep up.
I would like to make the suggestion to have a v-8 Turbo Regal forum.
If you see how popular the LS1TECH - LS1 Camaro, Corvette, Firebird, GTO, and Truck Tech! and the Search the Web chevy forums are, I think it would be a great addition to our site. We have a wealth of knowledge that is much deeper than most boards.
There are several Buick racers that have made this coversion.

Chris Chow in his Wolfe stock suspension WE4 has gone 7.97 @ 175.
This is at 3450lbs and powered by a Duttweiler 390ci SBC with twin Precision GT42Rs.

Dusty Bradford has his Drag Radial Regal in the 5.2 range in the 1/8th.
This is at close to 3500lbs. This car is a super sleeper.
Look for big things out of this car next year!!!!

INTHEEIGHTS is going NMCA Racing next year!

John Mackenzie made the switch and ran it on alky to be different.

Pat Fiero did this like 10 years ago.

Dale Pederson in Canada did this a couple years back.

Louie Lopez is doing it now!

There are at least 2-3 BIG name buick racers thinking about the conversion right now.

We should never forget the motor that made these cars, but I think we should have a place for the pioneers pushing the envelope.

Shane and Jay please give my idea consideration and if you need a mod I have a suggestion!:eek:

Great suggestion John, we have been discussing that for a while now:wink:

Thanks Shane, let me know if I can be of any assitance to you or Jay.:biggrin:

I have suggested in the past many times, I think it would be a great forum with good ideas and more information to share with members who may be thinking about the v-8 vs v-6 power plants.

I also think you, John Wilde would make a great mod for that forum..:cool:

Sounds like its a topic we will talk about very soon.

Jesse
:cool:

I think it is a great idea. these engines paved the way for the turbo v8s and we should respect all kinds of turbo horsepower:biggrin:

This is true, I have read posts on other boards and alot of the new Turbo V8 guys give TurboBuick guys props for kinda of paving the way!

Turbo Chevy V8 sub forum. I think that would be a nice addition! I've thought about doing the conversion also. Count my vote.:cool:

i'm halfway thru my 5.3 conversion, it will end up turboed once i have the extra money, so a specific forum to visit would be cool....

Forum's up and active

Back