Ridetech G-Body "Tru-Turn" & Coil Over Install

Thank you Scot, I appreciate that, and also thank you for your time and dedication to this section. I have learned alot reading your threads and others. Knowledge is key.

did you happen to talk to ridetech about a possible spindle/knuckle setup for our cars? on the other tru turn kits they offer inner tie rods, a draglink reinforcement and new spindles. I emailed them a little while ago and never received a response.

did you happen to talk to ridetech about a possible spindle/knuckle setup for our cars? on the other tru turn kits they offer inner tie rods, a draglink reinforcement and new spindles. I emailed them a little while ago and never received a response.
It's to my knowledge that the tru-turn on the other cars the spindle, inner tie-rods, and draglink were required to achieve Ridetech's desired bump steer results. To achieve those same results on the G-Body all those other parts were not needed... I will ask them just to make sure and will reply with the answer..

It's to my knowledge that the tru-turn on the other cars the spindle, inner tie-rods, and draglink were required to achieve Ridetech's desired bump steer results. To achieve those same results on the G-Body all those other parts were not needed... I will ask them just to make sure and will reply with the answer..

That makes sense, but my next question would be how about the different spindles available for us? such as the different heights with the afx/atx, belltech or 98-02 blazer versus the factory height, wouldn't this have a direct correlation to the bumpsteer?

Scot,
Which Baer brake are you running in the rear? Does it have e-brake? I don't see e-brake cable in photos. My 12" Touring has cable running where the rear shock mount is located.....just rearward of lower shock stud.
Conrad

Scot,
Which Baer brake are you running in the rear? Does it have e-brake? I don't see e-brake cable in photos. My 12" Touring has cable running where the rear shock mount is located.....just rearward of lower shock stud.
Conrad
Conrad,

I have the BAER SS4 rear brake set up and it does have the E-brake..... They are 12'' rotors and 4-piston calipers..

I didn't see bump stops on the a-arms are they not used and needed? What about steering stops how would that work?

I didn't see bump stops on the a-arms are they not used and needed? What about steering stops how would that work?
There are no bump stops on the a-arms and per Ridetech, they are not needed.
The steering stops are on the stock spindles.. I have little marks on my old lower a-arms where the spindle touched the a-arm...

Scot, got a call from ridetec about the lower a arms having to be redesigned. Can you elaborate on this?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Scot, got a call from ridetec about the lower a arms having to be redesigned. Can you elaborate on this?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app
Sure, When I done the install on our car we noticed a loss in turning radius so I contacted Ridetech about this issue and we worked together to solve it. Since their test vehicle was a MCSS with a LS engine this issue didn't arise so they went forth with production. Now installed on our Regal the issue popped up and they are redesigning just the lower a-arm to allow for more turning radius. They should be done by next week and they will be test fitted on our car first before going out to the public. Our car is taken apart and ready for the new a-arms to go on once they come in, then it will be no time at all before the new lower a-arms are ready to ship...

Pretty fast turn around on a redesigned product! But they should be good to go after this.....

Awesome. Thanks for the info and quick response.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Scot,

Whew! Glad I waited a bit before ordering my suspension!

I noticed you are running a master cylinder with plastic (light weight) reservoir. Where did you get it and what is the application?

Conrad

I also added this to the first page of the install thread but I put it here for others to see as well..

Here is a Weight comparison chart: ...... Ridetech vs Stock

Suspension Part---------------------------------------------- RideTech ---------- Stock
** Calculations are done by "Per Side" **
Front UCA ------------------------------------------------------- 8 lbs. 14 oz. --------- 10 lbs.
Front LCA ------------------------------------------------------- 15 lbs. 4 oz. ---------- 18 lbs.
Front Coil Over vs Stock Coil Spring & Shock ----------- 7 lbs. 2 oz. -----------14 lbs. 12 oz.
Ridetech Tie-rod Adjusters w/ Tie-rods ---------------------- 1 lb. 4 oz. ------------- 1 lb. 14 oz.

Rear Coil Over VS Stock Coil spring & shock ------------ 6 lbs. 6.4 oz. -------- ---9 lbs. 9 oz.

Last edited:
Alittle off topic but do you still have that video link on how to install you glovebox bracket mod? I' would like to install this while on waiting for my Detroit arms and ride tech coil overs?

Last I heard from Scot, control arm had been modified and checked out on Ridetech's MC. Checked out fine. New arm(s) sent out for powder coating. Scot should have new stuff soon. No word on what exactly Ride tech did to fix problem.
Conrad