Ridetech G-Body "Tru-Turn" & Coil Over Install

The motor is out of the car so to answer that accurately would be impossible..I just went with measurements on each coilover and will hopefully be close once the weight is back on them..then I guess the work will begin

Scott-

On Horsepower TV a while back they did a suspension upgrade on a gbody wagon "Sucker Punch." In the front they used the Ridetech Tru turn coilovers with beltech 2 inch drop spindles. Im currently working on this similar project and want to know what is the difference to adjusting the spring on the coilovers to get the stance? To leaving the coilovers alone and lowering the car with the 2 inch drop spindles? I noticed you had the stock spindles and I was planning to do the same.

Thanks for any info on this,

Rodney

Ask scot w or chalrief1. I think Charlie is kinda chilling out though. Scot is the guy to listen to when he chimes in.

Scott-

On Horsepower TV a while back they did a suspension upgrade on a gbody wagon "Sucker Punch." In the front they used the Ridetech Tru turn coilovers with beltech 2 inch drop spindles. Im currently working on this similar project and want to know what is the difference to adjusting the spring on the coilovers to get the stance? To leaving the coilovers alone and lowering the car with the 2 inch drop spindles? I noticed you had the stock spindles and I was planning to do the same.

Thanks for any info on this,

Rodney
Hi Rodney,

Not sure why they used drop spindles with the tru-turn system because the tru-turn system is/was designed around using the stock spindles. To achieve their geometry corrections you would want to go with the stock spindles, tru-turn system and then to achieve your desired stance you can adjust it via your coil overs. If you want more in depth explanation or any more info please feel free to call us @ 865-680-4008 we will be glad to take the time to talk to you ...

Scot W.

Hi Rodney,

Not sure why they used drop spindles with the tru-turn system because the tru-turn system is/was designed around using the stock spindles. To achieve their geometry corrections you would want to go with the stock spindles, tru-turn system and then to achieve your desired stance you can adjust it via your coil overs. If you want more in depth explanation or any more info please feel free to call us @ 865-680-4008 we will be glad to take the time to talk to you ...

Scot W.
Thanks for the info again Scott! Always appreciate your feedback.

Thank you so much for creating this "how-to". It came in handy last couple of weeks as I got the whole Ridetech suspension installed on my GN.

Scot
I am looking to get front A Arms and Coil overs, I have been looking at all the systems last few weeks
couple of questions, If I occasionally drag the car how much do you sacrifice 60 foot with these street car performance set ups and can I get the springs in black instead of blue?
If there much of a difference in the UMI versus DSE?
Also any package deals If I buy the whole package at once?
HR rear sway still best one or is the DSE "just as good"

I need this car to handle better than my THS car, the drag car is kinda scary on street with all the trick spring and weight transferring goodies feels like if has hydraulics on it on turns but 60s in high 1.20s
again street car goals on this one but still want to smoke my buddies on Drs

Gi
Scot
I am looking to get front A Arms and Coil overs, I have been looking at all the systems last few weeks
couple of questions, If I occasionally drag the car how much do you sacrifice 60 foot with these street car performance set ups and can I get the springs in black instead of blue?
If there much of a difference in the UMI versus DSE?
Also any package deals If I buy the whole package at once?
HR rear sway still best one or is the DSE "just as good"

I need this car to handle better than my THS car, the drag car is kinda scary on street with all the trick spring and weight transferring goodies feels like if has hydraulics on it on turns but 60s in high 1.20s
again street car goals on this one but still want to smoke my buddies on Drs
Give us a call so we can go over all your options and pricing... We give great discounts on complete systems and we have several guy's getting nice 60' times with the Ridetech coil over system... we will go over all of that...

Anyone here happen to have coilovers installed with the RJC 3in crossover exhaust? I've got mine installed and about to replace this flowmaster thing. I'm wondering about the clearance I'll have because adjusting the muffler inlet pipe and tailpipe may limit what I can do as far as clearance for the shocks. Plus I'm a major n00b so... Here's some pics. The ones on top are what I've got now and the bottom is what I want. Any info/advice would be much appreciated.

aaTWSR6.jpg

yup i did, wasn't bad at all.

Not trying hijack the thread but if you don't mind me asking, are both the tailpipes 3'' to or just the exhaust to muff? and if you happen to remember, about how far away from that big hole in the frame is the tailpipe hanger intended location. I can't really tell in the pic I posted. TIA

Attachments

• IMG_20170306_235626.jpg
    IMG_20170306_235626.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 198
can't remember, didn't have any problems everything bolted right up, i did have to get factory hangers they were gone when i got the car.

I installed this exact setup in my '87 GN and it drives like a whole new car... and I love the ride height.

ater pic.jpg

I had a few questions and Scot was more than helpful. Thanks again Scot!

Scot, I know the Tru Turn helps with tire clearance and says a 275 tire will fit but I am assuming that this is on a 18” wheel. A 235 on a 15” wheel is pretty much the max for the front without rubbing. Would you be able to run a wider tire (than a 235) on the front with the Tru Turn with the stock GN wheels?

Also I know you sold it but your car looks amazing in these posts.

Scot, I know the Tru Turn helps with tire clearance and says a 275 tire will fit but I am assuming that this is on a 18” wheel. A 235 on a 15” wheel is pretty much the max for the front without rubbing. Would you be able to run a wider tire (than a 235) on the front with the Tru Turn with the stock GN wheels?

Also I know you sold it but your car looks amazing in these posts.
The Tru-Turn doesn't really help with the tire clearance as much as the "Muscle Bar" does. The muscle bar has flat ends on it and hugs the front frame to help fit the larger front tire... But to answer your question, it's YES, The trick is to stay right at a 25'' tall tire or Below and you shouldn't have rubbing issues.